Pages

Friday, December 26, 2014

Who Names Their Kid Thanos?

Well, I didn't post yesterday, the actual day of Christmas, but none the less I wish you all a very Merry (late) Christmas!

Today we went to the theater as a family to see Annie. It was really good, and I'd say it's on the high end of my list of favorite movies. It was really fun to see, and just going to the theater in general is fun. Next I want to go see Night at the Museum 3, which I'm still slightly in awe that they actually made another movie. I hope it's as good as it's predecessors. Those are some of the few movies that actually got even better with the sequel!

On Christmas Eve, even after we opened all our gifts there was still one gift I had not anticipated. As a gift to all his fans, Brunuh Ville gave away all his albums for free over Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day. So I'm the proud owner of all his albums! I was so excited, I couldn't believe he would actually do that! Not that I think badly of him, but that's quite amazing that he gave away his albums for free for a bit. I'm actually listening to one of his albums right now. Aurora is one that I hadn't gotten to listening to yet, so I am now. I'm so excited though, I love his music! Now I've got it at my fingertips.

Okay guys, something I had meant not to happen is happening and I can't stop it from happening and now it's out of my hands and I have no control and dang. I started working on a completely new story idea. I had told myself I wouldn't start any new ideas until I completely finished another, but next thing I know I'm pinning post apocalyptic fashions and things and trying to figure out what my characters should be like and all that. THIS WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN! I guess I'd better start writing faster. Also, I've been having an urge to start re-writing Rohca with my newest idea, but I'm determined to at least finish the first draft of Heart of Fire. Something I haven't been writing as much on as I should...

So as I said on Christmas Eve, I got Nancy Drew Labrynth of Lies, and it's amazing! Somehow it has the flair that the newer games have lacked. Something is different, and I quite like it. The characters are fun (I'm certain that Thanos isn't just playing Hades in a play, but is actually related to him), though I think they used the same voice actor for Xenia as Zoe from Silent Spy, though I could be wrong. But the game has just been fun. It was awesome entering the Underworld for the first time. Whenever I get stuck I got into Tartarus and fall into the flames and die. A bit drastic, I know. But yes, so far it's one of the best of the newer games.

3 comments:

  1. Thanos is the god of death in Greek mythology. Much like the Grim Reaper. But Hades (or Pluto in Roman terms) is the god of the Underworld. Thanos is kind of like his little minion.
    Sorry, Greek nerd over here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny, because in the game Thanos was just his real life name, and yet he played Hades in the play. :)

    I finished the game, and I think you would really enjoy it. They had a lot of puzzles that had I already know about the Greeks, would have been a lost easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I'll have to see if I can get it. It sounds like fun. :)

      Delete