Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

I've Been Up Since 6 O'Clock!

This morning we got up at six in the morning to open presents. We started with stockings, in which I got the new Schleich Golden Retriever puppy (whom I have named Kira), Trader Joe's honey mints (my favorite) a few other Trader Joe's food bars, some cord for when I build things for my Schleich, and two pairs of knee high fuzzy socks! What a perfect way to start the morning.

We had Daddy open his gift from Sereina first, which was the moose mug from Christmas Vacation. Then we all took turns opening gifts, from oldest to youngest. Guess what I got? From Sereina I got a nice hardback edition of The Diary of Olga Romanov! Squee! You can't get any better than that for history! I also got the Spirit soundtrack and two metal bird decorations from Tiana, Nancy Drew Labrynth of Lies from Mamma (I'm installing it now), the Curse of the Black Pearl movie from Daniel (that's where I got the name Kira for my puppy; you know, Keira Knightley), and lastly three new arrows for my bow and a nice black leather bracer! My family knows me quite well; all my gifts are amazing.

On a much more devastating note, this is our first Christmas without Doji.

Back on the happy side, I can't wait to play Labrynth of Lies! I wanted that one so badly, but when Tiana and I ordered those games a while back she wouldn't let me get it. Now I understand why.

We're going to have waffles for breakfast, so we're getting quite fancy. I can't wait until tomorrow for Christmas dinner though. I love ham.

3 comments:

  1. Woah, The Diary of Olga Romanov? That's awesome! I loved your earlier post about the Romanov Family, and it was fascinating. I love their story, and there has been some awesome historical fiction about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, I'm glad you liked my post! I've been really getting into the Romanov history lately, so it couldn't have come at a better time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think one of my favorite historical fiction books on the Romanov Family is Risked by Margaret Peterson Haddix, but I haven't read very many books about them. Do you know of any other books that give a good history? They don't have to be fiction.

    ReplyDelete