Pages

Monday, December 8, 2014

My Sweet Sixteen

Okay guys, it's December 8th, so two days after my birthday. I meant to post sooner, but life got busy; i.e. I was playing with all the stuff I got from my epic sweet sixteen birthday. Here's how the day went. Everyone was scheduled to be ready for me to race upstairs at eight in the morning, so I could open presents first thing. As you might expect, I woke an hour before eight that morning, and kept tossing and turning try to sleep to make the time go by faster. I figured they might be a little late, and didn't get up until Sereina pounced on my bed a few minutes after eight exclaiming that everyone was waiting for me. I rushed and got dressed as fast as I could, shaking with excitement.

Last year everyone didn't wrap their presents for me until the day of, so all my gifts had been sitting in the living room since the night before. I had no idea what any of them were. Starting with the smallest one, I got a five dollar gift card to Target from Tiana. For some unexplainable reason she saw a baby buggy gift card, and thought of me. Not sure how that happened. Next was Sereina's gift. I tore open the box to see a really nice black leather journal, two really nice pens, and The Lion King soundtrack! Squee! Next was Daniel's gift. When I shook the box it sounded like Legos, but we've been known to trick other people by putting random Legos in a box as a decoy. I opened it to see our "junk yard" bags (it's a long story) filled with random Legos.. Then I saw it, Lego Lord of the Rings for Wii! I'm seriously loving that game. It's the best. The hub is Middle Earth! Okay, next present, the second part of Tiana's gifts. I opened a large flat gift to reveal a book with 40 Harry Potter posters! Yay! Finally I got to the gigantic box from Mamma and Daddy. After I finally got it open, I found a Tomcat compound bow! My dad and I took it out yesterday, and though I'm far from being the next Green Arrow, Hawk Eye, or Legolas, it was really fun. We're figuring out all the workings of the sight. My old bow was really small, and didn't have a proper sight. This one has a really nice fiber optic sight.

Those are my gifts, so you can sorta guess what I did next. I played Lord of the Rings until we left to buy our Christmas tree. Sereina decided to get a Wii U since it was on super sale for a deal that she would have regretted had she not bought it (she walked into the store, and shouted "I'm gonna get it!" to her co-workers. To which David replied, "Yeahhhhh!"). Then I went to P.F. Changs for lunch. They have the most amazing gluten free spicy chicken on earth, and I could eat it nonstop. Now usually I don't eat refined sugar, but at Changs I got a free desert for my birthday that was too good to pass up. It was a chocolate dome, of the richest chocolate ever. It was incredible! (When the guy brought it over he said he wasn't going to sing Happy Birthday, to spare us both the embarrasment. I like that guy.) Finally we came home and hung out for the rest of the day. I had berry pie as my desert, and we were going to watch How to Train Your Dragon 2, but couldn't get it, then we were going to watch Flarrow, but I wanted to play on the new Wii U more. Most of the time I prefer games to movies or television, except in a few rare occasions.

So in the end, it wasn't the most lavish of parties, but it was the best birthday I've had. Although it does come in close tie with my twelfth birthday, just cause it was a surprise party. I really love surprise parties, and surprises in general.

I could drive now if I wanted. It's funny, my dad kept joking that I was getting a car for my birthday. I just played along, but we all know I already have a car. I've claimed the Volkswagen beetle bug, usually know as just the bug, for my own.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lot of fun! All those presents sound amazing! And that bow? Oooee, that's pretty awesome.
    I'm glad you had a good birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I still can't believe that you just had your sweet sixteen. That birthday always seems so far away to me, but I'm sure that everyone feels like that when they're thirteen. :P

      Delete