Pages

Monday, December 29, 2014

Life's a Happy Song

I don't remember if I mentioned this before, but for Christmas my grandma sent me money to buy all the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtracks (excluding the fourth). Awesome, right?! Well today I finally got around to ordering them, and I was $2.08 short of getting free shipping, and to top that I'm quite broke as of the moment. So instead of getting the physical copies, I got the digital versions for just a tad cheaper, and was also able to buy a few other songs with the money. I now own I See Fire by Ed Sheeran, I See Fire by Piano Tribute Players, Concerning Hobbits as played by Taylor Davis, Nebulous by Taylor Davis, and The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyde. Those are some of my favorite songs!

Okay, so for the longest time Sereina and Tiana have been collecting music from Freegal (free legal music). I tired the sight, but they didn't have anything I liked at the time (Adiran von Ziegler, Brunuh Ville, etc.) but now that I listen to a wider variety of music I'm actually able to get some songs! Today I got I See Fire by Peter Hollens (can you tell I'm obsessed with the song?), May it Be featuring Taylor Davis and sung by Peter Hollens as well as Into the West by Peter Hollens. I've kind of become obsessed with Peter Hollens's music; he's such an amazing singer!

Today has been weird. I had it all planned out how it would go in my mind, but things didn't go even remotely how I planned. Basically after I woke up and ate I did a bunch of work for my dad (it's the end of the month again, so we've got a lot of work to do. Plus it's the new year, so that only makes more work), and that's basically all I've done today. Except for buying the music. I was so excited last night to wake up and do school and other things. I know, that may sound weird, but I actually love my school. Probably because I have full control over it, and everything I'm learning is actually interesting to me. But yes, my day in a nutshell is work. After I post this I'm going to do my school, and maybe I'll get some writing in today. We'll see though.

Oh yeah, so when I bought the music today I kind of had a little panic attack. Apparently Amazon had my old BECU card in it's system, instead of my new Chase card, so it automatically purchased on the wrong card. I freaked because I though that my BECU card was empty, and I'd have to pay a fine (I've already got enough debts to pay off, without adding another) but luckily I had a bunch of my savings in there and all was fine.

The New Year is the day after tomorrow? The party is the day after tomorrow?! How did this happen! Okay, I guess we only officially started planning the party like two days ago. Usually we plan up to a month ahead, so there's a lot of time to wait. Not this time. I'm really excited for the party. I'm sure I wont have any problem staying up until midnight. Last night I didn't fall asleep until at least a half an hour after midnight. I was just to awake... and excited. That was when I realized that I could get all of Peter Hollens music on Freegal, as well as a few other epic songs. So I had a late night.

So I know I said I'd have a post about history up soon, but I just haven't gotten around to it. It takes a bit of time to collect the information, and to word it correctly and compile pictures, etc. In the meantime I can easily make posts with all the Gaelic I've learned. Soon I'll post the bits of French I've learned too. Since I've only just started I've barely got any, but if I keep up with my school I'll have at least four new pages a week (each post is two pages long).

Listening to the Piano Guys song Don't Worry Child makes me want to learn a language like Arabic or something. Ack, I'd better stick with Gaelic and French first. Besides, as of the moment Russian would be the third language I'd learn. If I were to learn another.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really excited for the New Year's Party. It should be a lot of fun.
    I've always wanted to learn Arabic. I know that my brother wanted to take Arabic as his second language, but they didn't offer it (his college).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Arabic would be really fun to learn someday. Any particular reason Ben wanted to learn Arabic? I can't help but wonder a little, since it's not usually a language you hear of people wanting to learn. :)

    ReplyDelete