Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Happy Late Independence Day

I'm am officially terrible at posting on holidays. In any case, Independance Day came and went while I was on vacation in Oregon! Woo! And no, I unfortunately did not happen to stumble on my favorite singer, Peter Hollens, while down there (he lives an hour away from my aunts house, so I was hoping really hard!). That would have been awesome though.

During the car ride home I actually got started on the prologue, chapter one, and chapter two for Rocha Island. That's right people, I started three different chapters, but only got a few paragraphs into each. There is a reason for this! This story is going to have three different viewpoints, and I needed to figure out the date for the prologue, as well as each chapter. Out of all my current stories, this one is going to need a very detailed chart for dates. It's set in the future (the prologue starting in 3093) and there are important events that need specific dates. While this is going to be such a fun story to write, I need to make sure I keep writing Heart of Fire. Gahhhh... My brain doesn't like sticking to one story. I will make it though. Also, I've narrowed down any writing changes to three different stories, so I'm not changing between all ten of them.

Guess what I got from the library?! Alexandra's diary! As in, Alexandra Romanov the last Tsaritsa of Russia! It's her last diary (which is similar yet very different from her childrens diaries) and so far it's amazing. The introduction by Robert K. Massie is very informative, and now I'm really excited to one day read his book on the Romanovs. I've been meaning to read it for quite some time now, but haven't gotten to it. The problem is this: when it comes to informational books, I simply cannot read more than two or three pages in a sitting. It's kind of weird. I mean, I love the Romanov history. It's incredible! But I sit down with the diaries and can't read very much before my brain says "No." It's like my brain gets tired, except totally not. Anyone else feel this way? Anyone? Just me? Thought so.

Right now I'm in the living room, and Studio C is on the telly. I am so in love with these people. Their skits are the greatest thing on earth, and quite honestly, if you don't already watch them, watch them now. It will change your life, and make you laugh a lot more. Seriously, go watch it.

5 comments:

  1. That would have been so cool if you ran into Peter Hollens. I would have been so jealous!!! :)

    It's at the library?! I need to check it out. I didn't think that most of those books were at the library, but I am definitely checking this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been requesting a whole bunch of books on the Romanovs, so you'll notice their collection expanding. >:D

      Oh, and I also found a gem I can't wait to read. It's called The False Anastasia by Pierre Gilliard!!! I cannot WAIT to read his thoughts! He thought Anna Anderson was a complete fake, which is funny cause I've read that some family members she that while they really weren't sure, there was something special about the girl (though it wasn't from a direct source, so those authors may have mis quoted). So yeah, I'm so excited for that one. And a fiction book following Marie that looks promising. I usually don't like Romanov fiction, cause it's super crazy like "the story of how Tatiana survived and was smuggled from Russia by the British Royalty". What rubbish.

      Delete
    2. Those sound awesome. I guess I know what books are on my list next. :)

      Delete
  2. Studio C! I love the Holiday Greeting Card one, it's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that one is awesome! Though some of my all time favorites are the ones with Spencer, Kyle, and of course Snape. The Backyard Crime Cover Up is one of my favs. Oh, and the Smiths. Or basically all of them.

      Delete