Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Wicked Adventures

My day going to see Wicked went something like this people:

Waking up the morning of:


Getting in the car to leave:


On the way there (an unbearably long car ride if I do say so):


Arriving at the Paramount:


Oh no... a firetruck, two ambulances... all directly outside the Paramount. We never got hardly any details. A man came up to the line to get inside, said a few things which I only heard a word or two. It was a girl, and he said she was still breathing. Obviously this was a rather serious situation. After some time they rolled someone out. All I could see was them wrapped in white until they were rolled inside of the ambulance and taken away. Well, that's one way to start off the evening.

Finally we got inside, with only a half an hour before the performance. So much for our attempt to arrive early. We got inside and went straight to purchase our merchandise. Both Tiana and I got the same things, a Program and a shirt. Shortly after making our purchases we made our way to our seating. It was perfection. Our seats were almost the last row on the main floor, but they were elevated well above the rows in front of us, so we could see everything perfectly. It was like a dream!

The show was just... just...






Ahhhh, amazing. Everything was pitch perfect. I had chills when it started, all through the first act, right down to the end of Defying Gravity. Then of course act two started, and... gahh, the feeeels... It was heartbreaking right down to the bitter end.

Galinda was about the most hilarious thing ever. Seriously, I was dying of laughter whenever I wasn't dying of feels. Which is about a fifty, fifty ratio in this production.

Then after the show, Tiana and I headed right outside to wait to meet the cast. We got to meet the actors who played Elphaba, Galinda, Fiyero, Boq, and Nessa Rose. It was seriously the most incredible thing ever, and I still can't believe I actually saw it. Next time it's in town, I'm planning on seeing it at least twice. I really want to get front row seating, though the Lodge would be preferred.

Now it all comes to the big question. Which Broadway show, out of the three I saw this year, was the best? Don't ask I say. On one hand, I say Wicked because it's what made me fall in love with Broadway. Then again, Cinderella was the first Broadway show I ever saw. But then there's Ramin, Hadley and Sierra... er, I mean, Phantom of the Opera. Haha, I seriously can't decide. Each show is so drastically different, that I never could decided.

But I have to know, what is your favorite Broadway show? If you don't have one, then favorite musical? If not that, then favorite... movie?

1 comment: