Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

I Should Post Again, Shouldn't I?

I've sort of realized that I hardly ever make posts other than my very journal like posts. I should try and post other stuff. But I just haven't. Maybe because it takes more concentration that just splattering whatever comes to mind on the page, since generally my other posts are about history. Then again, as of late, my life has been busier than usual. Not to say I don't have loads of time on my hands. Though I gotta say, going to the stable twice a week does sap my energy. I'm weak.

Actually, speaking of my weakness, I'm going to start going to the gym. Yup, me of all people. Well, it's not that surprising. I've wanted to start exercising for a while. Now my mom and dad got a gym membership, and said they'd pay for me until I turn eighteen (I gotta use up my time while I still can). I haven't gone yet, but I'm excited to start. I'm hoping to go at least once a week, preferable twice or three times. That along with the stable work twice a week will help me get stronger. That'd be nice, cause I feel like my arm muscles are terrible. I dunno how I push those wheelbarrows...

Okay, I've recently started a new writing project. It's not this blog. It's not script writing or novel writing. I'm starting to write a journal-ish styled informational book about all my research and stuff I'm learning about horses. It's current working title is Musings of an Equestrian of Sixteen (the title based off Catherine the Great's burned and never published book she was writing, Portrait of a Philosopher of Sixteen. Ironic that I happen to be the same age as I start this endeavor). Because it's an informational book, I've been able to plan all the chapters ahead of time. I'm up to twenty three. A large portion of those will cover all the different types of eventing. I've also start the appendix so I can know where specific information is. I'm planning on covering stuff about tack, barn chores, feeding, blanketing. Just everything and anything. All the other informational books on horses that I've found talk only about stuff like breed origins and stuff like that. Not show to determine how much hay to feed your horse. Or what supplements are good for your horses. Or how to properly fit tack to you and your horse. This is stuff I've learned through working at All Starr Stables. Gosh, I love that place.

Speaking of All Starr, some exciting stuff happened there during my first day back after vacation. First off, Mary cantered Halli bareback for the first time. I'm so excited for her! Halli's canter is so smooth though. I can't wait till I'm better at cantering. I'm close, but not quite that good. And also, Lacey spooked while in the cross ties as I was tacking up. She pulled one of the chains free, and the carabiner that held the chain on was flattened! It was a thick one too. I was a little shaken up after that, and all during my ride Lacey kept tripping over herself. I decided to not ask to canter that day. Hopefully next time I can though.

Okay, I just watched the Comic-Con Batman vs. Superman trailer. When I first heard about it and saw the teaser I was skeptical. Oh my gooossshhhh whyyyy?! But then. A real trailer came out. Then this latest trailer came out. Oh. My. Gosh. This movie has such promise! It looks so amazing! The only strange part is Luther's extreme lack of lack of hair. Though I did find it amusing when he was saying, "the red capes are coming, the red capes are coming." I can't believe I'm actually saying that I'm excited for this movie. But I am!

***

I started writing this post a few days ago, forgot to edit and post it, and instead of just starting fresh I decided to just continue on. Since it's kind of specific to the day, I can't pass it off as today.

Anyhoo. I've been looking into some equestrian apparel. Ouch. I forgot how expensive this sport is. Honestly, it's so darn expensive. Breeches, $30 - $150 dollars. It can go higher. Seriously, everything is expensive. If I want any of that stuff, I'm gonna have to save up. Haha, and they say other sports are expensive.

Something terrible has happened guys. From my job, I'm now making enough money to where I have to pay taxes. It's a quick reminder of how much tax there is in the world. Though there is one tiny bonus. Since with every check I'll be setting aside money for end of year taxes, I do have less money to spend. But once I pay taxes, which will probably be less than what I save up for, then I can use the rest of the money however I want. No sorting it through the system and losing half of it to long term savings and stuff. You know what that means! Shopping spree! Haha. I dunno how much money I'll actually get, but any little bit of free spending cash will be great. I'll probably stock up on the Trader Joe's Fireworks bars. If you haven't had them, get them! It's chocolate, with pop rocks, and hot peppers. It's the most amazing chocolate bar you'll ever eat. I'm obsessed with them.

So I've officially cut down my school workload. I just realized it was too much to try and sit down and do journal writing, story writing, Gaelic, French, math, piano, and recorder. This may sound, in a sense, pathetic, but two to three hours of school is just too much. I don't need that much. So I dropped trying to officially write my stories (though I do want to write regularly) and also I'm not actively learning French, rather than familiarizing myself with the language by singing songs in French. I'm doing the same with Norwegian, since I want to learn that someday too. I may even do that to an extent with Russian and Arabic, since I kind of want to learn those languages one day too. So that's what's going down on the academic side of life.

My back hurts. And my legs. I was working on posting only with the upper leg so my lower leg wouldn't move (as it's supposed to be) and I could barely do it. Also, I cantered Lacey a lot. Almost the entire time I kept my hands off the saddle. But I'm still grasping for it anytime she changes speed or anything unusual happens. That's about where I was with trotting when I left Dezeray's stable five years ago. That's why my back hurts. I haven't quite got cantering down, and it hurts my back afterwards. Someday soon I'll get it right (I hope).

Tiana and I are going to see Wicked this Sunday! I'm so excited. Wicked it what got me into Broadway, and now I love Phantom of the Opera, Rodger and Hammerstein's Cinderella, and Love Never Dies. Well, as much as you can love Love Never Dies. Plot wise, it's terrible. Music wise, it's amazing. A few of the songs and their concept are really cool. It makes me want to write a more realistic sequel fanfic of Phantom. But I kind of feel like fanfic is a waste of my time, because it's not something I could publish and it's not exactly my work.

This may sound a little lame to some people, but I'm a fan of Ninjago. Yeah, animated Lego's. My brother and I love the show, and I gotta say, this latest season has been sooo good. I seriously want a serious live action show about the Ninja's. The new theme song is totally rad, and Nya's been getting some epic screen time.

Oh, and tonight our family may start watching Downtonabbey. We've had it on loan from someone for like two years now. Yeah, that's not good. Also, we'll be starting season two of Heros soon. Also, there's making a new Heros (Heroes Reborn)! I dunno how to feel about that, but it looks promising. They're bringing back old characters, so it's not a reboot. Thank goodness. Also, one of the actors is one of my visual references for my character Artair in Heart of Fire. He also plays Peter Pan in Once Upon a Time. We need to continue watching that show. We haven't continued for quite some time. Just haven't found the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment