Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Various Things

Do you ever get in that mood where you want to do about five different things, yet your mood is also telling you to sit there and stare at a wall and day dream? That's my current mood right now, and it's infuriating. On one hand, I should totally be writing. On the other hand, I wanna continue my writing research / reading Harry Potter. Then again I should continue the multiple diaries and sources for research of the Romanov history. Yet all I feel like doing is sitting here and playing weird scenarios in my head.

Okay, so I've been sitting here at my computer, doing various things. It's nearing closing week, and we have so many deals lined up for this month! Once I get payed I'm gonna be rich! Haha, I'm kidding, broke. Since I've saving up for so much stuff I'll really get very little money to do as I wish with. But whatever, I'm getting closer to buying that camera and fabulous keyboard I want. But something I keep thinking about is fanart. While listening to a new, and oddly addictive, Imagine Dragons song, I discovered Percy Jackson fanart, done by Viria. I really love their style. Then it made me start to think about the one piece of fanart that was done for my story True Hero. Which, is serious one of my all time favorite pieces of art in the history of ever. It really makes me wish someone could draw concept art for all my stories. I would draw it myself, but I'm not really that interested in drawing, and I'm not very good at it either.

Speaking of keyboards, as I was a moment ago, I've been contemplating a keyboard to buy. 'Course, I can't buy it for some time. But I'm so torn. Thing is, I found this beautiful keyboard, 88 keys, velocity sensitive, semi weighted keys (fully would be ideal, but that's in the thousands range), and apparently they're beautiful imitation ivory keys too. I've heard the sound system is kinda bad (though in comparison with my current keyboard, it's probably fine) and even that can be remedied with a good sound system (I've been wanting good speakers and a subwoofer for a while anyways). It doesn't come with a stand, but I could figure something out until I could buy one. I already have in the lineup a better sustain pedal since the one the piano comes with is like a sewing pedal. I mean, it all seems perfect. Except one tiny, little, very important thing. There's no MIDI connector. Without a MIDI connector, I cannot hook up Magix which would partially defeat the purpose of this piano. I've considered keeping both, as my current Yamaha has worked well thus far for Magix. But we all know I don't have infinity space here. So that is my current dilema. Gah...

Today I went to a gym for the first time. My workout was really light, cause we didn't have a whole bunch of time and it was more for the sake of showing me the machines. So I'm not very sore. My evaluation is Saturday. It'll be interesting to see how fit they deem me to be, since I'm about as strong as a potato.

1 comment:

  1. 'since I'm about as strong as a potato'. Yep, that pretty much sums me up. :)

    ReplyDelete