Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2015

YouTubers & Sleep Issues

A few days ago, while watching Studio C as usual, Sereina decided to change YouTubers to Stuart Edge. It took about two videos for me to be completely hooked. Granted, I had actually seen a few of his videos a while back, but I didn't know who he was and all that. Now I do, and I prompt you to watch one of his videos. Here, lemme recommend this one. It's a trick I'm seriously wanting to know.


So that was the video. It pretty much sums up his channel, though he does other stuff that I really admire. Such as pampering mothers and fathers on Mother's or Father's day. Or just letting them know that they appreciate them at random. He's done magic to largely tip pizza delivery guys, given money to homeless people via street performing music with them, and overall he just seems like a really great person. Also, he's done collabs with Peter Hollens, Lindsey Sterling, Studio C, and lots of other people I don't know of.

Yesterday was our filming day for our newest project. We were able to shoot the whole thing in a day, though I had to get up at five in the morning, and didn't get to bed until midnight. That might just be the longest I've ever stayed up, though I'm not certain. I can't wait to see the finished film. When Tiana and Lilly edit, Mary and I are going to do some baking again. We've got an awesome idea of what to make, and while it's cooking, or after, we're going to learn some new dances. Mary really wants to learn all the dances from Pride & Prejudice, so that's what we'll start with. Maybe we could start learning the Cinderella dance together too. I've been meaning to do that, but things have been busy.

Okay, so I was going to be dog sitting a friend's (well, a little more like co-worker for me) dog. She brought Gus, a Maltese, to see how things would go with Kokopelli. Well let me tell you, it was intense. First of all, Koko wasn't taking no nonsense from that dog. Sarah brought him in, and was holding Gus most of the time. Koko was puffed up, and for a while seemed to be calming down. He was sitting on a kitchen chair. He seemed to be okay if Gus stayed at the opposite end of the room. Until Sarah set him down. In a flash he was off of that chair, puffed up, and attacking. There was a bustle of people as I grabbed Koko and Sarah grabbed Gus. After a while we tried again, and Koko went crazy, chasing Gus around the room while everyone scrambled to grab one of them to keep Koko from pulverizing the poor dog. Needless to say, Gus will not be staying with us.

We think we've found out why I can never wake up in the morning! I'm not actually sleeping at night. That is, not getting an actually restful sleep. I'm just... sleeping. Last night was a terrible night for me. First off, I'd been awake since five in the morning (as stated above). Secondly, for the past month or so, my neck and shoulders have been hurting ever so slightly when I lay down to sleep (I can only hope this is not from horseback riding / my fall). It was the most intense it's ever been last night (even then it really wasn't that bad. Just enough to make it extremely hard to get comfortable and fall asleep). After some late night research, I finally ended up getting a towel and rolling it up to support my neck, and propping my legs up under the knees with my second pillow. After that I was finally able to sleep. Now we're looking into getting be a different, and much better pillow for me to sleep with. Eventually I would like to get a new mattress. I mean, I love mine. It's nice and firm. But I think for the sake of my health, a squishier one would be better.

Because of this discovery I will hopefully be able to actually wake up at a reasonable time. Lately I've woken between nine and ten, which I do not like at all. I like being up early. I used to be so good at it too. Before our cruise I could easily get out of bed when my alarm went off at seven. After the cruise, and me getting sick (or really our whole family) for those few months, I couldn't do it. I tried to get up early, but there was and is this sick feeling in my chest like my body needs more sleep to properly function. It's like after getting sick something didn't quite go back to normal.

Hopefully once I can wake up earlier, I can set in a new schedule I've made up, so I can actually get back to school. I've really been missing it lately. I want to be back to my Gaelic studies, and learning recorder, and progressing in my piano playing skills. As much as my little Yamaha frustrates me, what with it's tiny 61 key size, noisy plastic non weighted keys, and how it rocks on it's stand, I've been missing it. In between shooting yesterday I got to use the Allman's upright piano, as well as keyboard. I can feel a distinct difference between fully and partially weighted keys. But the thing is, the whole time I barely remembered any songs I know due to lack of practice. So I'm determined to get back to my studies. I mean, I love school.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I have definitely seen Stuart Edge in other stuff, but I didn't know he had his own Youtube channel.

    ReplyDelete