Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

All Sorts of Crazy

On Saturday we attended the wedding of our friend, Rose Beede, or as she is now called, Rose Whipple. It was a very nice wedding... I'm not entirely sure what to say otherwise. There was cheese. Good cheese too.

The big thing was when we got home. It was all casual, and I was playing piano when I heard a commotion upstairs. Daniel came downstairs and was like, "look outside." Me being me, I was just like "why" and kept playing. Turns out a large chunk of the tree behind our house fell down into our yard while we were gone. Luckily nothing seems to be damaged; it missed the chicken coop, playhouse, and even the teepee which is surprising. It really couldn't have fallen in a better spot.

A few days ago I started learning a new song on piano on accident. I didn't mean to start a new one at least until I finished In Dreams. But I failed. See, I found a song (London Calling) that I was totally hyped to start learning and was like, "gosh, that beginning looks super easy." And for the heck of it I learned the first few chords. It escalated from there. I can now play the whole song (minus one key, because my keyboard is too short!). Now I just need to practice to get a few of the transitions on time. Overall it's actually really easy, but some of the transitions will need a bit of practice before I'm smooth on the whole song. It's kinda infuriating though, cause the end get's really intense and when I play it on my keyboard all I heard it very loud clicking from the plastic keys. Oh well.

Okay so something super exciting and a little scary happened on my Thursday ride and I'm still hyper about it. So since Lacey is leaving (isn't that so sad!) Rachelle decided to get me started on another horse to help me get used to a different stride, and so I took my first ride on Gigi. Now I only learned this after the incident, but she's a very literal horse. Everything is black and white to her if you know what I mean. Honestly she was doing moves I didn't know I was telling her to, and it was kinda cool but discombobulating. So anyways, I walked, trotted, and cantered her a little even. Then one of the times I asked her to trot, she decided to canter. See, if you don't tell her what to do every second, she'll just assume you want to go fast. So I'm cantering, and unprepared for the sudden speed, so I loose my left stirrup. Okay, I'm still good, right? Not really. I lose my balance and start to fall forward, losing my other stirrup. I was so off balance by now, and I was thrown forward (a terrible thing, I know). I'm holding to Gigi around her neck, having lost all control by now. Turns out Gigi galloped around the round pen four times before Rachelle got her to stop. And I was stirrupless and didn't fall off. I'm kinda amazed at myself. 'Course that was a pretty big novice moment for me. I mean, leaning forward signals to go faster, and I was gripping too hard with my knees, which urged her forward. But Rachelle did say any other horse at the barn wouldn't slowed down. And she was impressed at my ability to stay on. Haha, so that's my big news. It was really exciting and scary. And to think, I fell off due to my saddle slipping, and not this.

Man, these last few days have been all sorts of crazy.

Okay guys, it's finally been released. The Cake Alternate. Our editor, Lilly, messed around with the footage and made an alternate, which is honestly hilarious in a kinda weird way. I'm just gonna put it here:


So yeah. That's what serious filmmakers do in their spare time. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment