Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Cake - The Short Film

Here at last people, our latest film: Cake - The Short Film


And the bloopers:


We had a lot of fun making this film. The hardest part was the script, which took many, many hours of working and reworking.

In this film my jobs were: being an extra, 2nd AC, screenwriter (sorta... it's complicated), and my job without a name. I'm sorta the person that (generally) helps keep people on track and focused. Though I usually do better at our meetings than actually filming. It's hard not to get caught up in the fun of it all. Time flies when you're filming.

This film was shot in one day, which still rather amazes me. There were very few times that people messes up their lines (opposed to me, who's messing up every other word on the occasions I do act). By the end, everyone wanted to be done really badly because the there was a pool waiting to be swam in. And of course we did go swimming. We created come intense whirlpools, and it was fun to just float along.

Looking over the film, I can definitely see room for improvement, but considering it's our second film, I've extremely impressed with what we've achieved. It's also prompting me to work harder on some compositions, because it'd be cool to have a song I composed featured in one of our films. Though I really need to work out some kinks. And avoid violins. *sad sigh* I know, violins are important. But it's almost always painfully obvious that violins (or strings in general) are computer generated.

For this film we got a new clapperboard. Hallelujah! That old chalk thing from our first film was terrible. The new one is white erase, and is a million times better.

Hopefully we'll be able to get out next film out pronto. We've already got a script, which just needs a little overview before auditions, and all that fun stuff.

Lemme know what you think in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. This is really good Alina! I am enjoying y'alls 841 films! I can tell that y'all have improved a lot, and I was quite impressed with the cinematography in this one! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this! It was HILARIOUS! I was grinning stupidly the whole time :D

    ReplyDelete