Pages

Friday, August 7, 2015

The Liebster Award

I've been tagged! Also, sorry for taking so long to post. Life happened... and I forgot... sorry...


This is the Liebster Award, and apparently this one has no rules. But I can't help but link back to the blogger who tagged me. Evangeline!


Do you have a favorite mug or teacup?
Yes, in fact I do. Out of all the cups in our cupboard, there is one that I always grab for. A light blue cup my mom got in Yellowstone years ago. It's the perfect size, and a pretty color of blue.

Are you an adventurous eater? (Do you try "strange" foods?)
I'm probably the least adventurous eater out there. I like all my food plain, so eating at restaurants isn't my idea of a jolly good time. The strangest thing I've eaten is swordfish. To be honest, it tasted like chicken. But it was cooked in a particular way, and had sauce, so I'm sure without that it would have tasted quite different.

What fandoms are you into?

*cough* Oh dear. Off that top of my head we have:

Harry Potter
Doctor Who
Sherlock
Disney
DC Comics
Marvel CU
Psych
Studio C
Heartland (books)
Percy Jackson (books)
Arrow
Flash
Wicked
Phantom of the Opera
Agents of Shield
Star Wars
Once Upon a Time
Heroes
Lord of the Rings
Pirates of the Caribbean
Phantom of the Opera
Wicked

I'm probably missing a bunch. But that's what I could think of for starters. That doesn't even include a bunch of book fandoms that I'm probably the only person in.

What famous author/book do you not really care for?
Stephanie Meyer, John Green, and Suzanne Collins. I think of lot of people know why I don't care for Stephenie Meyer. Sure, Vampire's and werewolves have some promise. But romance in it all? Weird shallow Bella as the main character? The creepy guy that I don't know his name, but I know he was creepy. Yeah, just overall not a book series I'd read. 

As for John Green, well; I'm already not into the romance side of books. I started The Fault in Our Stars, but just couldn't get into it. Just not really on my list of favorite authors.

As for Suzanne Collins, I just wasn't a fan of Hunger Games. Don't attack me here people, but I didn't find Katniss to be a character to look up to or admire at all. The books were all a series of events that defined her, rather than some of her own actions that shaped her future. And frankly, in the end, I feel like Katniss became so dead inside, almost like she couldn't function properly anymore. It just seemed like a book series aimed to depress the reader. I couldn't get into any of the deaths, because they were so obviously inevitable. I could go on... but I shouldn't... So yeah, I just didn't care for that series.

What obscure author/book are you nuts about?
Scott O'Dell. I love his works of historical fiction. Honestly, I could read a longer version of Sarah Bishop or Island of the Blue Dolphins all day. He manages to make everyday survival into something really fun to read. I love his books so much.

What's the oldest movie you've ever watched?
Um, I don't actually know. But once on TV Tiana and I stumbled on a black and white silent movie and watched a few minutes. It was weird and made no sense.

What did you have for breakfast today?
A piece of bread with jelly... that's all I remember eating. Come to think of it, that might be all I've eaten today. Not sure.

When did you first see your favorite movie?
First off, how on earth am I supposed to pick a favorite movie to talk about?! I'm going to choose a random movie that I love, and I want to clarify that it might not exactly be my all time favorite, cause I honestly can't choose.


I don't entirely remember going through this series the first time. But at the time I was a very crazy kid. Always asking questions mid movie and desperately wanting to see what Vader looked like underneath the mask. I was so excited when it came off in six. All I know is, I love Star Wars and have since I was really little. Though these days I can hardly get myself to watch the movies, because I've seen them literally hundreds of times. I know those movies by heart.

Do you prefer fantasy or sci-fi?
Definately Fantasy. Until recently I never actually watched or read anything Fantasy. I thought it was "bad," mostly because I'm basically the only person in my house who likes fantasy, and dragons and stuff. That is to say, while some of my family members may mildly enjoy Fantasy, I pursue it vigorously. I've grown up watching Star Trek and Sci-Fi stuff, so while I don't dislike it, I really prefer Fantasy.

What did you expect your blog to be like when you started it?
I pretty much expected it to be how it is. An online journal. I detest hand writing because my brain is ten times faster than my hand. So writing journal like posts on the internet seemed a good choice.

Has it changed? If so, how?
Yes, it has changed. It's only been recently that I decided to try and write stuff about my Gaelic, and history research. But I still don't make those posts as often as I like. So it has changed to some extent, but at the same time not that much.

4 comments:

  1. That gif of Ewan Mcgregor though.
    Reading your answers to the 'What Fandoms are you in?' gave me a lot of answers I forgot. So congrats on being less amnesiac than me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hey, I copied a bunch from your list, so that helped my brain out. ;)

      Delete
  2. Pretty cool stuff! I think I feel similarly about Suzanne Collins, all of her book series that I have read always have had really depressing endings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I'm not the only person out there that isn't a huge Hunger Games / Suzanne Collins fan. :)

      Delete