Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

It's a Good Life

THANK YOU TOM HIDDLESTON.

You're probably kinda wondering what that's about. The above statement that is. There is a reason, and it's not just that he seems to be a pretty cool guy. This actually has to do with horseback riding. Haha, yeah, horses again. A little over a week ago I saw a gif of him in a historical movie (I'm guessing King Henry IV). He was cantering, and doing quite well. And something just clicked in my brain. I think seeing someone riding can help you improve a lot. When I cantered Lacey yesterday (on the lunge line because I am overly cautious XD) I was better than I ever have been. Christina said I could totally be off the lunge. See, before I was just trying too... sit. Staying in the saddle was hard when I didn't hold on, and from what little I'd seen of other riders they just seemed glued to the saddle. But in that gif I could distinctly see how you really need to roll your hips with the rocking motion. Like, a lot. Especially on Lacey. And after trying that, it worked amazingly! I'm so happy about that.

I've been working on my Romanov post, and hopefully will have that up soon. Life has gotten a tad busy. Tomorrow I'm gonna see a dollar movie (today I saw Alexander's Terrible No Good Very Bad Day, or whatever that crazy title was). Stable on Thursday, a film meeting and BBQ on Friday, then finally peace. Until next week. My cousin Shawn is coming to visit for a few days, and I'm so excited!

Also, I've started another post which is slightly top secret. It's a review post, which will not be common but I just really felt like doing it because... reasons. My deadline is posting it before the eighteenth. Something happens that day, and I want this posted on or before the eighteenth. It's kind of in honor of what's happening on that day. So if you figure out what's happening that day, then you'll have a pretty darn good idea of what my post is about. Have fun trying to figure that one out. Lemme give you something to work with here. Something is coming out on that day that is connected to a video game of my childhood. Hopefully that's not too vague / too much information.

I've been doing a lot of research on dancing lately. Particularly contra dancing. I just love it so much, and my friend Mary has really been getting into dancing as well. We've learned the Landler (the real Landler), though it needs some polishing. Now I've got a video playlist with some dances I want to learn next. Specifically Mairi's Wedding (I love that song), Reel of the Royal Scots, Nothingham Lace, Cumberland Reel, and the Duke of Kent's Waltz. I also realised there's actually a step when doing most, if not all, Scottish dances that... refine the dance. I think with just a group of people walking/skipping is fine, but with those who really want to learn the dance I shall teach them. It's beyond easy to do.

Also, I found a fabulous dance that I want to learn. Except it requires a lot of people. Like, a lot. If I had to guess I'd say... thirty or so? Give or take a few. But it looks like so much fun!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, Tom Hiddleston is the best! he's so cool, and he seems to be nice to everyone (unless he's acting :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, a little off topic, the new season of Studio C starts September 7th!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny, I saw Alexander and the really long title that I'm not going to type out today, too.

    Ever since Friday dances, I've really been wanting to learn how to ballroom dance and do more contra dancing. I never thought that it would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you're getting into dancing! :D Mary and I have really been getting into it as well, so feel free on the Friday night events to push for some dancing. And if you're into that kinda thing, you can bring a dress. ;) I never thought I would be, but there's something about dancing in a dress that makes it more... authentic. :)

      Delete