Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2015

So... Sore...

Oh man. I am so sore and stiff right now. My back is all sorts of sore n' stiff. But the good kind I suppose...ish. Sorta. Maybe not-ish. Today, as you probably already know since I talk about it all the time was a stable day. It was glorious in the weirdest way possible. I rode Lacey, as usual. The new instructor, Christina, was my instructor while Rochelle was out feeding the cows. She taught me new stuff, like reminding me to keep my hands together (they tend to spread when I'm trotting) and keeping my inside shoulder just a little farther back than my outside shoulder. Stuff like that. Then I got to do some cantering. I'm getting better, but I've got a ways to go. Though while cantering, I lost a stirrup and just rolled with it, and I cantered stirrupless! That's exciting, but not the big news. While riding stirrupless my saddle slipped, and I fell off.


This was my first time falling off while riding ever. It was glorious. My instincts kicked in, and apparently I fell quite spectacularly. My tailbone hurts, and my head ever so slightly (I didn't hit it though, so I'm not entirely sure why) and overall my body aches. Both from riding and falling, cause before I was posting better by keeping my legs farther underneath me and using my upper legs more. Which hurts so much, but it's so much better! So that's my big news! Oh, and I almost fell off again when trying to ride Lacey's trot stirrupless. I wanted to try for balance purposes, but her trot proved to big. Christina said any rider would have trouble with her trot, and that it was pretty impressive that I stayed on as long as I did. After that I stuck to stirrups, did some more cantering, then cooled her down. Rochelle's reaction my me falling off after she got back was awesome. She was like, " You fell off? Awesome!"

So I'm listening to a few of the Long Never Dies songs, cause the music is amazing, and I can't stop laughing at Erik's sarcasm in Devil Take the Hindmost. Raoul is at the bar, kind of drunk, just after talking about how he isn't afraid of Erik, and he's bested him before so why should he be afraid of him. Then it goes like this as Erik enters the room.

*dramatic music*
Raoul: "No, no it can't be."
Erik: "Not afraid of me you say."
Raoul: "Stay back! Or I'll kill you, I promise you!"
Erik: "Of course."

You kind of have to hear it to really get it, but I just find the way Erik says that last bit really funny. Like, "oh Raoul, you fluffy little prairie dog. I find your show of... courage... so amusing."

Out of town family has arrived today, and will be staying with us for a few days for Tiana's graduation. It's always good to have family around for a while.

I've totally been rocking out to Kelly Clarkson's song Stronger. I got it on Freegal, and I just really like the upbeatness of the song. I don't generally go for break up songs, but this and a few others just have a fun beat and I can't help but like them. Plus this one is like, "I'm stronger now" instead of "oh my gosh dating is a trap" or "what do I do with life now." I do like the Taylor Swift song Blank Space though. I haven't generally listened to Taylor Swift, and I don't remember why I decided to try listening to that one. But it's just kind of a fun song.

Haha, now I just went from listening to Stronger to Celtic Love Song by Brunuh Ville. It's so calming and nice. I imagine sitting in a forest and it's very relaxing. You know what I'd love? To set up a nice spot next to a pretty creek in a forest clearing, away from all noise other than nature. Then I'd want a hammock, and a music rock softly playing all of Brunuh Ville and Adrian von Ziegler's calming music so I could just lay there, staring into the tree branches and bits of sky showing. That would be paradise to me.

I kind of want to redo my blog again, but I know I couldn't get the effect I'm currently imagining. I imagine basically the glorious place I just described, but as my blog. It's been awhile since I had music on my blog, and it'd be cool to just create that calming atmosphere in my little corner of the internet. I dunno if I could pull it off, but I may started experimenting with it sometime. Who knows.

1 comment: