Pages

Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Eve, Eve, Eve

Now that I have added French to my weekly school list, four days a week I now must: practice math for a bit, write an entry in my journal, write at least a page in both my Gaelic and French notebooks, and practice every song I'm learning on both piano and recorder once. So far so good! I actually kind of like school. There's something about the order in which I now learn the things I like. Overall, math isn't too bad, though it's better once I get the hang of it. Since I already love history, and reading, I leave those off of the list. Mostly I just put the language practice and music practice so I don't forget. I'm a little rusty on all my songs, since I took such a long break between practicing them. Mostly I can't remember the last bit to Across the Stars, and The Force Theme. A few moments ago I was progressing on learning Life's too Short Reprise. I'm making good progress.

Today is Christmas Eve, Eve, Eve, as Daniel and I keep reminding everyone. I'm so excited; I can't believe Christmas is upon us so quickly! I hope everyone likes my gifts. There are a few that I can't wait to see peoples reactions to. Last year (at least, I think it was last year) I got Sereina a Kermit plushy, and when she opened the box she gave a little scream before grabbing him and screaming "KERMIT!" It's funny though; when I put out the gift she guessed Kermit, but by the time Christmas came she totally forgot that she guessed that.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but on my left wrist I've got a bone spur. For those who don't know, it's an extra growth of the bone. It's kind of creepy to look at, and feel. Sometimes my wrist hurts, though I'm not sure if it's because of the bone spur, or my wrist just happens to hurt, or if it's paranoia. I think a few times it was paranoia, since I started over thinking and it started to hurt. I'm taking vitamins to hopefully make it go away (the alternative is surgery, which I do not want to happen for so many reasons). It's really odd, because you'd think I'd have noticed it sooner, but I only noticed it a few weeks ago. Then again, I often get scrapes and scratches and have no idea how I got them.

Just so everyone knows, I'm hoping to make another history post soon. I'm not sure exactly which subject it'll be about, but I've been working on a post about a few of the rooms in Versilles. That is one of my favorite palaces, and I love the story of Marie Antoinette. That is partially why I want to learn French.

Let's see, a few of my latest music obsessions are The Piano Guys, which include Batman Evolution, Don't Worry Child, and Moonlight. All their songs are great, but those three I keep listening to over and over again. As for other music, I listen to Brunuh and Adrian for general inspiration for Heart of Fire. Basically all their fantasy/celtic music has the perfect general feel for the novel, so I've got hours of music to listen to while noveling. It's awesome.

3 comments:

  1. Piano guys is awesome! If you are learning Gaelic and French, you should try the free app Duolingo. It is an awesome app, and it has helped me a lot in learning French and German.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't You Worry Child by PianoGuys has also been a frequent visitor my playlist. :P As well as Arwens Vigil. I don't think I've heard Moonlight yet.
    Good luck with French!! Merci, Mademoiselle, oui oui, s'il vous plaît. That's all I know. Oh! Baguette, croissant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christyn, I've heard of Duolingo, and I'll give it a try, thanks!

    Laura (Evangeline) I love Arwen's Vigil, as well as just the Lord of the Rings song! Tiens, merci!

    ReplyDelete