Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

What a Busy Day it's Been

Today has been a really busy day around the house. I stared off waking up late (again), then doing a video chat with some friends before starting off my day. Of course I did my school, then I had to clean an old belt full of .22 magnum cartridges (they were covered in corrosion), then I had to polish the cartridges. By then I was feeling a bit tired, took a little break and sat on the couch listening to soundtracks with Sereina. Daddy got home a small while later and we had work to do (we've got four short-term lending deals, so I'm gonna get a big paycheck soon!). That's basically my day in a nutshell. Oh, and I had to clean the kitchen a few times throughout the day as well as do a load of laundry.

So a long time ago some friends made a Robin Hood film. Well, they chose the best music for their trailers and the actual film, and I finally remembered I wanted to look it up. I've basically been listening to Call for Heroes non stop since I found it. It's such an epic song! It always makes me think of their trailers, which makes me think of the story of the film. While the story was good, the quality is a bit rough. I think it would be awesome if they re-did the film now that they have better equipment and more experience. That would be epic, because the overall story is cool. Since the film is about Robin Hood it's set during the reign of King Richard. In their story his brother, Prince John, imprisoned him to take over. I'm trying to think, but in actual history I think Richard the Lion Heart was actually just fighting the Crusade to the Holy Land when his brother took over. And even that I think may have had something to do with his parents feuding... maybe not though. Hmm, I'll have to look into that part of history more. I could rant about history, what I know, what to know, and all that for days.

As you know I've been learning French, as well as Scottish Gaelic. But I have come to the decision that doing French four times a week is just a bit overwhelming. Like, it just takes too much time. I'm able to comprehend it all, but by the time I reach French I just wanna practice piano and be done. So I think I'll cut down my requirements of doing French four times a week to just twice. So that's like half a page a day. Sounds reasonable.

Gosh, I'm so tired. I have sleepless nights every night, waking up every few hours. Then I get up late, tired, and I go to bed tired but don't actually fall asleep until really late. My body is just all outta whack.

More exciting news is that Arrow and Flash are going to return next week. I seriously cannot believe how they left off Arrow. It was worse than the Sherlock series two cliff hanger, with the only exception that we are only on hiatus for about a month, whereas Sherlockians were on hiatus for a few years. Other than that, Arrow's cliff hanger is the worst. The Flash left off at a point where all was "good" but you were just left staring at the TV wanting more. Let's not even mention Agents of Shield, which will not be returning for a few more months. Their cliff hanger was good, but we're being put on hiatus for way to long. It needs to come back now.

I haven't really been writing lately, just since I've been kind of busy. I seriously need to continue editing Believe, so hopefully I'll find some time to do that tomorrow, or Friday. Tomorrow is going to be an... interesting day. It's Tiana's eighteenth birthday, but things are just all outta whack with out Grandpa being in the hospital (though I think he's getting out really soon). Hopefully it'll be a good birthday for her though. She said she's going to buy a lotto ticket. Hopefully she wins something.

Whilst cleaning and polishing the cartridges (yes, I had to polish them) I finally got around to starting Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief on audio. The narrator is alright, and so far I like the story. A friend of mine (who reads this blog. Hi.) is a big fan of the series, so I'm sure it'll be great. If I can find the time I want to continue tomorrow. For those wondering, I'm on chapter... four? All I know is Percy's mom just crashed the car and now she told Percy to run to Camp Half-Blood (I think that's the place anyway. I have slight second-hand fandom disease with Percy Jackson). So yay for audio books! I haven't listened to an audio book in forever, so it's kind of fun. It gives me a chance to read while working on a project or something. Though I'm easily distracted, so I have to pay close attention to the narrator, or else I miss important information.

Oh, gotta go. We're gonna watch Psyche.

3 comments:

  1. YES!!! Haha. I knew this day would come. Just a little warning, the first three books aren't as good as all the other ones because the original target age was for 8-12. But I think that the author realized his target age was growing up, and so he started to write more...maturely, I guess. I really hope that you like the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to say that the first three aren't good. They are.

      Delete
  2. Yay! I love the Percy Jackson series! At first I thought it looked boring ( I probably shouldn't judge a book by it's cover (: ) but then I totally got sucked into it. I just finished the second series, and now I'm reading some of Rick Riordan's other books.

    ReplyDelete