Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Pure Perfection

Well, a lot has happened since my last post. For starters, a few days ago I was getting ready for a shower when I noticed a large bubble of paint. It was about the size of my fist, and looked to be filled with water. Turns out it was. That was bad news (you know, bad news is become way too common in this house). It took time, but we finally traced down the leak to our fridge, and luckily it wasn't nearly as bad as we thought it might be. I got to pop the water bubbles, then peal a bunch of paint away, as well as draw on the wall. That was kind of fun, though I'm still waiting for the day I can break a wall apart with a hammer...

Then the other day one of my two book packages arrived. Great, right? Well, the first book arrived all find and dandy, but they mixed up the labels, and instead of a second Royal Diary book, I got a compilation of three stories from a Readers Digest. So now I'm going to have to go through the hassle of returning that. But good news is, my next package is out for delivery as of today, so I'll be getting my other two books in the next few hours! Yay! Let's hope this company doesn't mix up their labels.

Since my grandpa is moving, we're having to go through his stuff since he wont have nearly as much room as in his duplex. I've gotten some of his things, like an antique looking world globe, some awesome bottles (I collect bottles), as well as his RC Baja Bug. Yesterday I got a mini lamp from him, that I can use under my bunk bed. I've been wanting a lamp like that for years. I also got a nice desk lamp too.

The other day Tiana and I watched Ever After, one of my absolute favorite movies. To me the movie is flawless. Pure perfection. It's a Cinderella story, and it's so well told and put together. Just the right amount of romance and humor. Great characters. A totally hate-able step mother and obnoxiously funny stepsister. It's amazing! One of the best parts is, the prince didn't have short hair. That's one of my biggest historical movie pet peeves. The guys hair is always way to short. Overall I say again, the movie is perfection. There is one swear word though, which is the S word. But I'm not even mad about it. You know why? Back in the 16th century (when the movie is set) it wasn't a swear word at all. It was used in everyday conversations. So I ain't even mad.

My last history post, about Peter Carl Fabergé, was really fun to write. I don't know when, but I'll probably make more posts to show off all the different Fabergé eggs. They're all so pretty!

I've been re-reading Catherine: The Great Journey, since I now own it. Even though it doesn't have the wonderful smell the library version had, it's still wonderful. It's like revisiting an old friend. Every time I read one of the Royal Diaries I get in this mood. When talking to myself I'll talk more medieval-ish, and I can't help but wish I could time travel. I also tend to think and act a little more like the person in the book. When I read about Elizabeth I, I tend to feel more proud about my schoolwork and education, when I read Anastasia it makes me want to feel important, and less like a little kid. Less like a shvibzik, and yet more like a shvibzik. For Marie Antoinette, it makes me want to enjoy the simple things in life more. Each one just gives me this feeling, and I really love it.

Looks like I wont be waiting for hours. My package is here! Squee! My bookshelf looks so pretty with my newest editions, Eleanor of Aquitaine, and Mary Queen of Scots. My shelves are also getting full. I barely fit them on. That may sound amazing, but I have to share a shelf with my brother, and I also have to use it as a storage place. So one shelf is dedicated purely to books, another is one half binders and the other half books, and the last one has decorations, my bottles and other things, as well as library books stacked as high as I can get them.

These past days I've been obsessed with my story, Rohca Island. Who'd have thought the sad little story I wrote November 2013 would turn out to be so... intense. I never thought it'd turn out this great. Sure, things have changed a bit, but deep down it's still the same novel. I've been working on characters. Naming them has been really fun. I have a character visual for all of them, except one. He's a very particular character, and I just haven't found someone who has the right look in his eye... But overall it's been a blast writing out all my ideas and things. Daniel helped me advance the plot. Overall I don't have a particular objective, which I need to find, but it's a million times better than the original, so so far I'm happy. Maybe soon I'll start writing it. Come to think of it, I haven't been doing any actual writing lately... Or editing of Believe...

I just found the coolest thing on Etsy! So, I decided to browse Etsy, cause I never do and they seem to have cool stuff. It was the best/worst idea ever. Now I wanna buy everything! But something multiple people were selling, and something I will buy when I receive my next paycheck, is a hand made time turner! They look amazing, and they even spin! I was so awe struck when I first saw one, that I decided on the spot I would buy one when I had the money. I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yay!! Ever After is like my favorite movie EVER!! So beautiful, and the movie has (good thing, 'cause it's set in France,) French subtitles and french sound options, which is great, because I'm learning French too. Congratulations on your new books as well!

    ReplyDelete