Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pepper in a World of Salt

Yesterday I was thinking about the Royal Diary series a lot. It's what really got me into history. As of the moment I only own five of the books, but now I've ordered four new ones! I got the first one I ever read, Eleanor of Aquitaine, then two of my absolute favorites, Catherine the Great and Mary Queen of Scots, and then the last one is Kristina the Girl King. So yay! I can't wait to add them to my shelf. Only problem is my book shelf is full. Daniel says I should remove my Lord of the Rings movies to make room for the new books, but I don't want to. He keeps saying that the DVD's among books is like pepper in a world of salt.

Lately I've been having smoothies for breakfast. All my life I've never been a breakfast person, especially when waking up early to go somewhere. But when I do eat I'll just have toast, or cottage cheese with pineapple or something. Not exactly super filling or healthy. 'Course, smoothies aren't a whole lot healthier, but when I have them for breakfast I barely eat until dinner usually. That's probably for the best, because I have a habit of snacking way too much throughout the day.

The other day Tiana introduced me to Psyche, which she only just started watching. So far I really like it. Since it's from the same time as Monk, and is also a mystery show, it has a familiar feel. It's also pretty funny.

This is getting downright creepy. A few days ago, late at night, Daniel and I heard a cat. We thought it was the neighbors cat, or maybe even Kokopelli, but we know for a fact that it wasn't. It sounded like Doji too. We went outside, and the meowing only got further away. Finally we just went in for the night. Well just now in the garage, my dad and I were discussing how to rearrange the garage, and we heard a deep meow that sounded exactly like Doji. This is just getting bizarre.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen a lot about Psyche on Pinterest, but I've never actually watched it. I might have to try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete