Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Somewhere's a Celt

Oh gosh, the last two days have been crazy. Well, crazy for me that is. Nothing much happens on a week to week basis, so when I have two full days it feels like a week passes in forty eight hours. Anyways, yesterday was all chill through the morning, but in the afternoon we had to move a bunch of stuff out in the garage. Since our Grandpa is moving he doesn't have a garage anymore, and we get his gun safe. Of course the garage needed a bit of rearranging and cleaning before it'd fit. It actually turned out to be funner than I thought it would. At one point we were all tossing around our extra supplies and things, to move them from the floor into the shelves. Yesterday we also officially contacted our neighbor, who knows a guy trying to get rid of a little kitten. So if it's still available, and if we can return the kitten if Koko hates him, then we might get a new kitten! All during the cleaning of the garage we kept trying to think of names (the kitten is mostly grey, with some white and a little black. I think it might be a Tabby, but I really don't know). Most everyone liked the ideas of Caesar and Gus, a few liked Oliver, and everyone but Sereina liked Fiyero. Any suggestions would be great, cause if we do end up getting the kitten he's gonna need a name.

Then today we finally moved the safe, with the help of some friends. They came over at ten thirty, and just left a little while ago. So they've been here almost all day. But as I said, they helped move the safe, and then stayed to watch the game. We hung out, listening to music while drawing/coloring and eventually played our made up modified capture the flag game, Commandos. Oh, and after the Hawks won, we got out some silly string that we've had for years, and went crazy. Overall it was a great day! Though I'm really tired. It's about that time of day, where I get really tired until I perk up late at night.

Once again I have found more music on Freegal. They have a whole bunch of Gaelic Storm's music. There's only a few specific songs of theirs that I know, since in the past I listening to their music on Pandora and didn't pay attention to the names. My favorites are Scalliwag and Kiss Me I'm Irish. Both songs area fun and up beat. Actually, while listening to Kiss Me I'm Irish last night, I though how perfect it would be if one of the characters in my book, Rohca, was of Irish origin. So now he is. Something about that just fit perfectly. Today I also had another idea, that also fits perfectly. Gosh, all my ideas for Rohca lately have fit perfectly. It's a wonderful feeling.

Overall it's been a crazy weekend, and I'll be glad to get back to a normal week. Tomorrow I get back to my school, which will feel good. Oh, and I've been working on a composition. It's the farthest I've ever gotten. I think (hope!) that I've finally found my groove in the composing department, and I'm really, really hoping to actually release a song soon! Even if it's really short, though my rule is that each song must be a minimum of one minute, but preferably I'd like to keep them around three minutes.

Deep in my blood I must be a Celt or something. Whenever I listening to Irish/Scottish music I feel so alive. I'm in love with the beat of the songs, and it just makes me want to start dancing a jig of sorts. Only problem is, I dunno how to dance other than crazy freestyle that is not really dancing at all. Well, I suppose I can waltz, and a few other dances that require a large group. But that's not what we're talking about.

So far I'm obsessed with Percy Jackson. I'm only at the part where Percy accepts his quest (shortly after he discovers that is father was Poseidon. How did I not see that until the river during capture the flag?). I can see why my friend is interested in Greek Mythology. The book is bringing it to life, and it only makes me curious about Greek Mythology. Who knows, maybe someday I'll be making a post on the Greek gods or something.

Guys, The Flash and Arrow are only 2/3 days from returning from hiatus! Time to freak out guys, these are the days we've been waiting for since the very second the last episodes ended. Am I freaking out? Naw... only completely hyperventilating because my favorite television shows are coming back from hiatus! 'Course that only brings us closer to the season finales... eh, lets not think such dark thoughts. But good news is that both Arrow and Flash are confirmed for another season, so we don't have to worry from that side of things. I wasn't really worried though, after all they're both really popular shows. As they should be too.

I was just looking through the list of songs in the Arrow season one soundtrack and I saw the song, Shado Sees an Emerging Hero. Oh, my heart! No, of course I didn't need it.

Time to go have a Psyche-athon. I'm really addicted to that show. I guess I just really missed having a nice mystery series. All my life I've loved mysteries, and ever since we finished Monk life hasn't been the same. Luckily Psyche isn't over; they're still going! So that means there's gonna be a lot of episodes to come even after we catch up! We're on season two, but I haven't seen a bunch of them since I come in and out of the episodes at times. So there's so much I've yet to see! Whoo hoo!

1 comment: