Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

Smash 'Em Together!

Great news everyone! I am able to get the entire season one Arrow soundtrack for free, from Freegal! I only just found it today, and started by getting my three favorite songs for this week. They are, I Can't Lose You Twice, Chasing the Hood, and Five Years. Gah, I can't believe I get the entire soundtrack for free! That's probably going to be the only music I download for the next few weeks.

You know, one of my favorite things would have to be large button up shirts. Preferably with a plaid pattern. I'm not sure why exactly I'm thinking about this, except that I'm wearing my favorite shirt right now. There's just something so comfy about wearing an oversize shirt. Not overly oversize, mind you, just not form fitting I should say. They're just so fun!

Something perfectly wonderful happened this morning while I showered. I was absent-mindedly singing Radioactive while washing my hair when I was struck with this idea. My post apocalyptic story, which I had been brainstorming lately, fit like a perfect puzzle piece with my revision ideas for Rohca Island. The more I thought about it, the better it got. Eventually I was just standing completely still in the shower, water pouring down me as I realized how perfect it was. I'm not going to give the details, but let's just say things just got a lot more interesting.

Bad news guys. New Who is going off of Netflix, as well as Classic Who and BBC Robin Hood. It takes effect at the end of this month. Do you realize how drastic this is? I wont be able to randomly watch an episode, and recently I was even considering going through the whole thing again. This is so terrible, I just can't even.

A while back I was getting cuts on all my fingers, and while they're mostly gone now I still have the one on my finger that I got from the toaster. It's weird, I mean it was only one layer of skin, and I put ointment on it immediately, yet it looks like it's scarred up. So it's just this patch of round smooth skin.

I'm making good progress in learning I See Fire on piano. It's such an interesting song to learn. At least the version I'm learning. Everything just... flows. I can't really explain it, except that with each key transition it's so perfectly smooth the first time I play it. It's been a fun song to work on.

5 comments:

  1. I need to figure out how to get the Arrow soundtrack.

    I See Fire has been a blast to learn for me too. What are you using to learn it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using this tutorial:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tiSiFmE-0s I would do a more complicated one, but my piano isn't long enough. :P

    You can get the Arrow season one soundtrack from Freegal. It's connected to Sno-Isle (which I'm pretty sure is the library you use), and you'll get three free songs a week. They've got a nice selection. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really similar to the one that I am using.

      Oh, yeah! I remember that my mom used Freegal for a while. I'll have to go look it up again. :)

      Delete
  3. NO!!!! Doctor Who is going from Netflix!! That was my main source of Doctor Who!!! I think that's their MOST POPULAR TV show! It's been around for 50 years!!! ):

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe they're taking it off! Hopefully they'll get it back soon though!

    ReplyDelete