Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Superbowl Sunday

First off, today is Superbowl day and the Hawks are going! So of course we're inviting friends over to watch the game. I'm really not that into sports, and probably wont watch much, if any, of the game. But it's still a little exciting that the Hawks are going to the Superbowl two years in a row. I hope they win.

Yesterday we were cleaning out more of my grandpa's duplex. We're trying to get it rent ready, which we're getting closer. All of us kids have gotten free pick on any of his stuff, and yesterday I got a new desk. It's amazing. My old desk was really small and barely fit my computer and a notebook for when I do school. But this one holds my lamp, world globe, computer, phone, notepad, and a few decorative bottles. Oh, and a tin with pens and pencils. There's still room to spare to! So I'm really excited. There's a long drawer on the front, that's actually meant for a keyboard. But seeing as my keyboard is stuck to my monitor, I can use it as a whole other surface to use my computer on, for when I start a project on my desk. Overall it's just awesome! Gah, I could rant about my epic desk more, but that'd get boring for you guys.

I'm re-watching Agents of Shield, and has a mini marathon while setting up my desk and going through a bunch of drawers for things to get rid of. *Spoilers* whenever I see Ward I wanna punch him. I mean, after he turned bad I thought there was a chance of redemption, but after he dumped Fitzsimmons into the ocean, I knew he was past the point of no return. *vague sounds of Phantom of the Opera in the background* Anyways, there's no way his character can be normal again. In the latest episodes he just seems... crazy. Every time he tell Sky, "I would never lie to you." or, "I just want to protect you" I just think, psychopath. Ward, you need help. You sound crazy.

Something just fell upstairs. I wonder what broke.

I inadvertently took a week off of school this last week. Things just happened, and next thing I knew the week was half over without me having done any school. But I figure that's fine, I mean I usually don't take a week off from school. I should really read through my Gaelic book if I find some time today though. For the fun of it, I wrote down a part of a conversation to practice. It's: Feasgar math Coinneach MacDhòmhnaill. Is mise Seumas, seo Seonag mo bhean. Tha mise toilichte ur coinneachadh (you don't see it, but there are a lot of red squiggly lines underneath almost every Gaelic word!). Which translates to: Good evening  Kennath McDonald. I'm Seumas, this is my wife Seonag. I'm pleased to meet you. Now of course the, my wife, part doesn't apply to me. Which basically means I'll never be saying this to an actual person. But it's good practice! In my personal journal I've decided to use Gaelic whenever possible, so I can practice more. You know, since I only know one other person learning Gaelic, and unfortunately she and I don't see each other often.

No comments:

Post a Comment