Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Someday I'll Be Fluent

We lost the Superbowl, which is sad. But seeing as I'm not that huge of a fan, it doesn't matter that much to me. Hopefully we'll go to the Superbowl next year! It's possible.

Today my Grandpa is coming up from California to visit for a week or so. I totally lost track of time, and was surprised when yesterday Sereina said he was coming tomorrow. It'll be great to see him again, since we haven't seen him in quite a while. My Grandma came up a few weeks ago, but he didn't come with her that time.

I've been making good progress in my Gaelic. I haven't made a post in a while about it... I should. Just yesterday I completed lesson twenty one, in chapter four. It's really exciting making progress. Even if there are some complicated grammar rules, and I don't remember everything perfectly yet, it's still exciting to think that someday I'll be able to fluently speak another language. All my life I've wondered what it's like to speak another language. Do you have to translate everything in your head, or do you just hear phrases and in an odd way just know what they mean, without thinking, yes, this means hello, this means goodbye, etc.

My room is still a mess from getting the new desk. All my stuff lays in piles, waiting to be boxed up and sent down to my grandpa's basement for storage. Then of course I have a whole other desk just sitting in my room, one of the draws still needing to be cleaned out. It has all my crafting supplies, so I'll have to find a bin and put it in the office closet. Ugh, I can't wait until I get the bigger room. It's going to be awesome.

No! My mouse battery has died, and none of the batteries in this house seem to make it work again. This begs the question. Are the batteries bad, or did the mouse finally died? I hope it's the batteries, just cause I really like having a mouse and I don't want to have to buy a new one.

Well, I think I'll start my school. Or clean my room. One of those. Probably clean my room a bit, then do my school. Yeah, that sounds good. Or work on a history post, then clean my room, then do school... gah, I dunno.

No comments:

Post a Comment