Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Movies and the Telly

I have found a way to make pronunciation charts for Gaelic songs! As of the moment I only listen to Julie Fowlis, though that's beside the point. On YouTube I can slow videos down, and by doing so I can actually catch how each Gaelic word is pronounced. I'm working on of her songs right now, so I have a new way to practice and get around Gaelic. Singing! This is working out quite well.

Today I think I'll either watch Tangled, or Brave. In French of course. Probably Brave, because it's from the library and I can only keep it for a week before having to return it. Unless I can renew it, in which case I could have it longer. I really wish I could watch Brave in Gaelic. Well, I don't actually know for certain that it's not available. But I highly doubt it, as I've said, Scottish Gaelic is a dying language. That's a little bit why I wanted to learn it a little more than Irish Gaelic, though it's also because I'm interested in some of Scotland's history. Plus Scotland is just beautiful. I've seen pictures of the Isle of Sky, and it looks amazing. I'm actually basing a place in Heart of Fire off of the Isle of Sky.

The Flash recorded yesterday, but with Sereina's work schedule we don't get to watch it the day of. So tonight we'll be watching Flash, then Arrow! The next episode is Canaries, which I kind of read a full synopsis of the episode a while back. It's what made me feel more hopeful for Black Canary. Oh yes, speaking of Arrow, I wrote and sent out my first ever fan letter yesterday. You may have guessed, but it's going to Stephen Amell/Oliver Queen/The Arrow. I'm asking for an autographed photo, so I hope I get a response soon. If/when I get a response, then I want to write the rest of the cast and get all their autographs. Colton Haynes is high on the list, and Emily Rickards, Willa Holland and Manu Bennet. Arsenal, Felicity, Thea, and Slade. Oh Slade, I really liked you before you went crazy killer. Of course I want everyone's autograph. Can't forget Malcom/John Barrowman. Thing is, would I want an autographed picture of John as Malcom, or Jack?!

Since we're on the topic of television, I should mention that tomorrow we're planning on watching Million Dollar Arm. We saw a trailer for it in the theater a while back, and Sereina just got it from the library. It looks like it'll be a good movie.

We got waffles again! Yeah! We hardly ever get breakfast food, so I usually have toast or something. I've been trying to eat less bread, since it's just carbs and it's expensive. But I still end up having two slices a day, cause I can't find anything else for breakfast.

Oh, looks like I've got some Trebon work to do. For those who don't know, our business name is based of the French words for very good, Tres bon. So the actual name of the busniess is Very Good Business Stratagies. Kinda funny, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment