Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Brave

Tomorrow is the big day! Finally the time has come, and I'll be seeing my first Broadway show! It's so exciting. I'll wait to say anything more because tomorrow evening or Monday I'm going to make a post to tell you all about it.

Lately I've been doing better at keeping up with my writing. I haven't been doing a lot, but it's better than none. Also, I think I say that way to often, so I'll try to update you on my writing in a way that is different and not quite as repetitive. Hm.... This is harder than it sounds. Like, way harder. Um, let me put it like this. I'm on chapter two and my character has gone through so much that it should be more like chapter four. Maybe five. Also, she's a very tough gal to work with. Her name is Gaelic for Elizabeth, so Ealasaid. For fairly obvious reasons I can't say Ealasaid said, after she speaks. That is a rather troublesome thing to work with, yet I cannot bring myself to change her name. Even though when I think of the name Elizabeth I think of a red headed girl, not brown-blonde.

I have continued reading Anastasia: The Lost Princess today. Lately I just haven't been reading as much, so I finally continued a bit. It's such a different perspective than I'm used to. Ever since I learned of Anastasia's story I figured she had to have died. Thing is, everywhere I read it always says weird contradicting things such as, "DNA scans prove that the entire Romanov family died in the Ipatiev House that night, though due to missing DNA either Anastasia or Maria might have survived. Maybe even Alexei though it's inconclusive." I mean, I'm only paraphrasing, but that is literally what I see written everywhere. It's extremely frustrating. Due to James Blair Lovells book my opinion on whether Anastasia survived is being heavily questioned. It's so totally possible that Anna Anderson was Anastasia. But I can't find actual conclusive results on her DNA test, so it's impossible to say for certain. One thing is for sure, Anna Anderson was more than a mere impostor if she was not Anastasia after all. I'm going to start on a post about the Romanov's soon, though the exact topic I've yet to decided. I keep going between a post about Rasputin, or about the Ipatiev House and near the time of the Romanov's death.

Oh yes, just recently I got a new nightstand! My old one was a little table that has been around for as long as I can remember. It had a few scribble marks and wasn't the best looking. My new one it part of my desk set, and has a huge draw that I have no idea what to put in it. It's all quite glorious. Also, we're getting closer to when Daniel and I move into the bigger room, and Daddy moves the office into our room. I think we might start working on it in the next month or so. Daniel and I still haven't decided on a color for out room. I want something less neutral than a boring brown, grey, or blue-grey that we have around the house. But the room has to still have a neutral feel, since someday we want to sell the house. In my mind I see a glorious red, but I'm sure if I went with that color it wouldn't turn out half as good as it does in my head. We we'll probably pick a nice shade of blue or green.

About three times today the chickens have started making a ruckus, and I've gone to the door seeing if the coyote has returned. He's becoming a frequent visitor, and needs more than a human appearing on the upper deck to permanently keep him away. Now whenever I got to the door and check I bring an air soft. Ideally I'd get the BB guns, but my air soft are much easier access. Hopefully old wolfy with leave our chickens be.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about horses, and how I've planned my future. It just makes me want to spend more time at a barn, but I haven't found one to volunteer at yet. I sent a message to a barn that a friend goes to the other day. But that's the irksome thing about equestrians. None of them seem to have a second to reply to emails. I don't really understand not replying. When I receive an email I'm like, boom, gotta respond. These people obviously don't. Kind of like my alarm. Some people can lazily lay, letting it go off for a while, but when I hear my alarm I shoot up trying to turn it off in a panic. Almost as though it'll explode if I don't turn it off quick enough. It's weird.

I've almost memorized the entire song of Let it Go in French. It's quite fun to sing it. I've almost memorized the Healing Incantation from Tangled in French too. That one is so short though, so it's easy to remember.

While browsing Freegal a while back I discovered a cover that Peter Hollens did, of the song Brave by Josh Groban. Well I fell in love with it, and just the other day decided to listen to the actual song. It. Is. Amazing! Oh my gosh, I love it the more I hear it. You have to go check out both versions.

1 comment:

  1. Ach! That's so exciting! I hope you guys have fun.

    I've always wondered what really happened to Anastasia. That would be cool to be able to find out.

    Hmm, I'll have to look up that song, I'm always looking to find new Peter Hollens songs. :)

    ReplyDelete