Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Fear Not, I'm Still Here

Since I haven't posted for like, six days or whatever, I decided to make a quick post before bed. I dunno why, but I just haven't thought about my blog these past few days.

I've started writing for real, and my novel Heart of Fire is almost at 6,000 words. Yeah, tiny and all, but it's a start of course. My goal is for all my books to be a minimum of like, 150,000 words. Thing is, I don't think any of them have enough plot for that. Terrible, I know. Luckily I have found a path of unending possibilities to lengthen Heart of Fire. I can't wait to get the first draft done. On another note, I should seriously keep editing and going through Believe. After all, I got the first draft and all. But it needs help and a complete re-write. That's never gonna happen when it's becoming a dusty old file on Scrivener.

After reading a friends blogpost about experimenting with bangs, I seriously want bangs. I do this all the time. See, I'm always afraid to get my haircut. I mean, with curly hair you just don't know how it will really turn out, and these days I just brush the top of my head a little if I don't shower, so I'm not used to hours in the bathroom styling my hair and such. But I love the look of bangs. But bangs are short hair, and short hair and curls often don't mix. But bangs would look so pretty! But the struggles! I really don't know. Deep down I want bangs. It's not the same commitment as going from hip length hair to shoulder length, as I keep wanting but deciding not to do. I dunno, what do you think?

I seriously need to write another history post. My list currently includes, writing about the wreckage found of the Titanic, Rasputin who was the last Tsaritsa's holy man and who has creepy eyes, and either facts about Catherine the Great, Eleanor of Aquitaine, or Mary Queen of Scots. I've also been thinking of writing about real rumors and stories of Robin Hood, and history surrounding the Crusades to the Holy Lands led by Richard the Lion Heart (son of Eleanor of Aquitaine).

Today I finally started exercising. I must say, it felt good. While running on the elliptical I finally got around to continuing H2O. I only have one episode left until the season two finale. The running went great; I was able to run 1.16 miles in 25 minutes. My goal was to run at least a mile in that time. As for the target exercising, well. Lets just say there's room for improvement. I find myself doing the exercising too fast, but with time I'll get better. I'm just glad I finally started, after finally getting the proper exercise clothes and a much needed yoga mat. I kind of doubt I'll feel sore tomorrow, so that's why my target workout wasn't too great. Hopefully I'll be able to go slower on Wednesday.

I would write more, but alas, it's late and I should be sleeping right now. Well, it's not that late, but I should be getting to bed anyways. See y'all tomorrow! (Okay, yup, yeah. Saying y'all is still strange. We have friends who moved up from Georgia, and whenever they say y'all I can't help but giggle inside. It sounds so funny; almost cute).

No comments:

Post a Comment