Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

Far From Over

I have a small head ache, and I'm wondering if it's from the orange juice I drank. Ever since I stopped eating sugar I've become really sensitive to certain drinks. Grape juice for instance. I really love it, but when I had too much I got a really bad head ache. I can't be sure that my head is hurting from the orange juice, but after drinking it for a bit I didn't feel the best.

Oh yay, my check just came in the mail. Now it's just a matter of getting to the bank and cashing it, then I'll buy my time turner. Or, hm. Sereina's birthday is coming up, and she's going to the Disney store. Maybe I should save my money for that, and buy it after. But I really want that time turner. Ack, I'll figure it out somehow.

So I'm getting near the end of plotting Heart of Fire. Or so I thought. I didn't really have a good end, and as I continued plotting it kept getting flimsier and weirder. Deciding I should take a break, I started browsing Pinterest to maybe find inspiration. Then I see a picture of a cavern of sorta. Neatly carved walls with Celtic patterns. Perfect. All of a sudden I realize, this book is far from over. If I felt I had enough, I'd make it into a trilogy or something. So then, the book is not over. But there's a small problem that has to do with about eight other characters. Then I remembered another pin I'd seen a while back, of a large group holding lanterns and picks and such, and blam. Yes, blam. I started to realize where this book could start going. It's definitely got it's rough edges, and by no means does it follow the writing rules. That's one thing that irks me, when people say your book must start, then there's an incident, the stakes, final end battle of sorts, then the conclusion. I mean, it's so cookie cutter. That's partially why I don't like a lot of writing tips. They tell you to follow a mold, and I think writing is all about breaking the mold. Not to say there aren't good rules and ideas, but sometimes people get hung up on rules. They're more like guidelines anyways...

Now I am practicing L’incantation de la Guérison, or The Healing Incantation, from Tangled in French. I'm going crazy on this. I've also been trying to figure out A Mhaighdean Bhan Uasal (Noble Maiden Fair) because the two singers sing it a little differently (one is of Gaelic origin, the other is not) and every tutorial on how to sing it is different and doesn't sound like how the singers do it. Ack, I wish Google Translate would get Scottish Gaelic. That's what makes learning these songs in French so easy.

We have been watching Psych like crazy lately. Just a few months ago we were starting the series, and now we're on season six. Heh, reminds me of when we started Doctor Who. Watching series one in three days... ahh, good times. But anyways, I'm sad because the show didn't get renewed for this year. So season eight is drawing closer and there will be no new episodes. That makes me sad, because Shawn and Gus are epic. They do crazy stuff. It was so funny, one time there was sudden shooting, and Gus jumped behind a car. But he jumped unnaturally high as he dove for cover, and it looked so funny. Shawn on the other hand crouched behind a pole that did literally nothing to hide or protect him. Ahh, they're awesome. There's an episode coming up called Indiana Shawn and the Temple of the Kinda Crappy, Rusty Old Dagger. Now that's bound to be an interesting episode.

So far today I have not watched Tangled in French, and I kind of doubt that I will. Maybe I'll find the time tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Pinterest can be very helpful in sparking ideas.

    ReplyDelete