Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Life as of Late

I have been taking my French more seriously these past couple of days. Yesterday I watched the entire movie Frozen in French. It was really weird, and I only caught a couple words. Like oui, non, and their names of course. I mean, I knew what they were saying, but the French still slipped past me. It was fun though, and I really enjoyed it. While watching I was sorting my vast collection, if you will, of beads. I tried Duolingo, which now makes more sense that I've learned it's meant more for memory reinforcement than learning par say. Now I really wish they had Scottish Gaelic, because I don't have any really good ways to practice. For French I've been listening to Disney songs (particularly Frozen) in French, but since Scottish Gaelic is an endangered language, I haven't found it, and don't think it exists. So I'll have to stick to Gaelic songs I've never heard, versus Disney songs in Gaelic. Speaking of which, I'm learning how to sing Let it Go in French! I've made a chart with how to pronounce all the words, so soon I'll be singing Let it Go, and eventually, For the First Time in Forever, En français! I'm in love with the sound of their translation of the chorus for The First Time in Forever...

Other than my usual, languages, writing, etc. nothing much as happened. We visited my grandpa today. He's doing pretty good.

My Versailles post was really fun to write. It took a bit of research, and I hope I got everything correct. Sometimes people can be very confusing, or spread information without really knowing what they're talking about. I hope that I'm not spreading false information. I referenced multiple sights, and they all said the same thing, so I think I'm good though. Sometime soon I want to make another post about the Romanovs, possibly more near their tragic end... or perhaps about Rasputin. That guy is creepy, and some of his pictures are downright scary. The way he stares into the camera makes me think of a mad man... and not the good kind like the Doctor.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Duolingo is working for you! It has really helped me in my French. It would be so cool though if they added Scottish Gaelic. I heard a rumor that they might be adding Star Trek languages, but it is a rumor, so it might not be true.

    ReplyDelete