Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

This May Be Getting Out of Hand

On my last post I mentioned how I'd been slacking on my Gaelic, and now I've started to put an end to that. I started out by trying to use Cram to make online flashcards for practice. It was better than nothing, right? Ugh, what little I did was painful. I decided to suck it up and make actual flash cards. I've already started writing them out. Let's see, I think I got a pack of three sets of one hundred, so a total of three hundred cards for starter? Yeah, something like that. I went through almost fifty and I'm only on page four or five. I'm doing two cards per word/phrase, so I can translate from English to Gaelic, and Gaelic to English. I'm going to have a lot of flash cards. This may be getting out of hand. I have half a notebook filled with all my Gaelic research, and that's only a fraction of what is ahead. Maybe making physical flashcards is crazy, but hey, I'm determined to be fluent.

The super secret project I've been going on about is getting closer to being revealed. In a way, we're close, and at the same time, not so much. It depends on your point of view.

Our room is coming even more together. I've got my new bookshelf all settled, and it's glorious. It's kind of sad though, cause it's a really small shelf, and I didn't even fill it with all my books. But that's okay. For years I just borrowed from the library, due to being broke. I seem to be broke most of the time actually. Anyways, I also put up my wall shelves up today, so now my medieval Lego's are all on display, as well as my various other Lego sets. We put my desk in the proper place, and hopefully we'll get the elliptical out of the house soon. I think it's leaving this weekend.

I finished the first Harry Potter book, and now I want to start the next. But I really need to continue Percy Jackson, as well as continue reading a book on Anastasia, and then read Phantom of the Opera. Gah, so many books to read, and yet I just want to curl up on the bed with Harry Potter. Ehhh... that sounded creepy. Not what I mean. I want to curl up on my bed and read Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets. Haha, that's better... *awkward silence*

We're finally caught up on almost all our shows. All we have left are two episodes of The Flash. Things have been so busy, we haven't been able to keep up. Every show is getting so intense, and with life being so busy all of a sudden, I'll be kind of glad when they're over for a bit. Usually I like intense, but with life being crazy and my schedule actually having weekly stuff, it'll be nice to just feel... decompressed. I haven't had any weekly activities for so long, that just going to the stable twice a week is still a little strange. Having to be somewhere at a certain time. It feels good though.

On Monday I got some compliments from my riding teacher. She said my balance has really improved, and I totally agree. Whenever I'd lose my balance while trotting, or the horse would trip, or anything out of the ordinary, I'd completely flop forward to grab hold. That's the exact opposite of what you want to do, since leaning forward is a signal to the horse to go faster. I catch myself a lot better now, and I feel really proud of myself. I rode Honey Bee, and I worked on doing a clover pattern in the round pen, at both walk and trot. I've never really done much but go in a circle at a trot (like, in a round pen or on a lunge line), so I didn't have much need to really control the horse, rather than post properly and stay on. Turning at a faster pace is fun. I can only imagine what it's like barrel racing.

My pre-order of Nancy Drew Sea of Darkness will ship on the twelfth, so a week from now. I'm really excited for this next game, because it looks really good. I'm still bummed that HerInteractive wont be using Lani Minella for the voice of Nancy Drew anymore, and I don't think the games afterwards will be as good (though you never know). I hope I win the trip to Iceland that I was entered in when I pre-ordered the game. I kind of doubt it, but stranger things have happened.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I know how you feel, WAY to many books to read. It's Sherlock Holmes and Chronicles of Narnia for me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, wouldn't that be cool if you actually won that trip? Here's hoping. *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete