Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Luna Again

I think (hope) that I've got all my stuff settled in my new room. Wait... I can think of one box, full of the stuff from my old cork board. I decided to scrap the old thing, because there just wasn't wall space. But surely I can find someplace for those things. As for Daniel's stuff... lets just say that's a different story. His desk has finally been painted, after many problems, and now it just needs to be bolted in place. It's a desk my dad built years ago, and has to be secured into the wall to stay, since it only has two legs supporting it.

Yesterday was a really great lesson. I rode Luna again, and this time Rochelle gave me spurs. They were rounded ones, but they helped me control her a little. It was my first time using spurs, so that was an interesting experience. If they slip the wrong way they can pinch your heel, which is uncomfortable to say the least. Rochelle lunged me so I could practice cantering. She's have me ride a canter for three strides, then come back down to a trot, and then repeat. I did better, though I have a problem of stiffening my back, so sitting the canter is a lot harder. At least, at my experience level. Then I took Luna down to the big arena. It's a short walk from the round pen, and yet she kept wanting to trot and go her own way. I fought with her for a few minutes, turning her in circles. But I've still got a lot to learn, so someone helped me get her down. Luna is a tough mare anyway though. Then in the big arena I had my first "fender bender." Luna was being unruly, as usual, and decided to crash into Fabio (whom Mary was riding). Luckily Fabio was being bomb proof, and didn't flinch. Thank goodness for that.

As I'm going through my new character questionnaire, I realise I'm missing such simple questions, but things I really should know. For instance: is your character right or left hand dominant? How do you describe their voice? Who is your character closest to? Who does your character wish to know better? So many things, that when I think of them, or find them on other people's questionnaires, I just slap my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment