Pages

Monday, May 25, 2015

Nine Stalls and Two Runs in Three Hours

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

Due to today being a holiday, Rochelle had no lessons at the barn. But I offered to come by and help clean stalls anyways. Besides, it would be a great time to come and ride. Since we were having company at two, my mom dropped me off at eleven so I could get started. In three hours, I cleaned out nine stalls and two runs (each run approximately the size of two and a half stalls). My shoulders and arms were aching so badly when I was finished. It was around five or six wheelbarrow trips to the muck heap, which is uphill. Now that I'm home my legs ache more than my arms, and I didn't even ride. By the time I was finished, I was too tired to brush and tack up, let alone ride. So yeah, I spent my morning cleaning out the entire barn. Originally Anna and Mary were going to stop by around one to help, but they didn't come (not that it would have helped. I'd already done all but a few stalls by then). Rochelle said on Thursday she's make them do all the work. Course we all know that means I'm still working, but I don't mind in the least.

Zoe was so cute when I cleaned her stall and run. She'd be in the stall eating her grass hay, and every few minutes she'd come out and sniff me all over. Licking my hands, putting her face me. I took a short break one of the times, and tried something I'd heard about called T-touch. Basically it was massaging the horse with small circular motions, moving from their head or neck down their whole body. I could feel her whole body relax, and she just stood there and sighed deeply every few minutes. After a while she slowly walked away to go eat some more. Ah, when she's not being sassy and rebellious, Zoe can be an absolute sweetheart.

Gah, I really need to write. I think tomorrow I'll set myself up a nice little writing spot somewhere cozy, get myself a drink or something, and then just go at it. Course I say things on my blog and don't always follow through in the morning.

What I really want to do it set up a routine of sorts, that way I can have some order in my life. Maybe that would help me with writing. I know as soon as my room is clean, or cleaner, I can start school, which will help me with order. After losing my forty two day streak on Duolingo, I haven't done any French. So I really need to get back to that, as well as Gaelic, math, and music. Hopefully Daniel will be able to empty some of the many boxes piled in the room so I can easily reach the piano. Maybe then life can get back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment