Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Not-Your-Average Disney Tag

Thanks to Evangeline for tagging me!

Favorite Disney Movie of All Time


NANTS INGONYAMA BAGITHI BABA!!!

You guessed it; The Lion King. I love, love, love this movie so much. Also, it's one of the few Disney movies with a sequel that isn't complete rubbish. There's fun characters, a sad twist (come on, I still tear up), and just the wonderful animation and music.


Favorite Disney Character


Stitch.

I saw this movie for the first time a few months ago (terrible, I know). But I instantly fell in love with Stitch's character.

I'll admit, when the movie started I was not expecting aliens. Usually I'm not a huge Sci-Fi person. But the movie had such a heartfelt story, and such perfectly put together characters. I could sit here and analyze each one, but alas, that's for another day.


First Disney Movie seen in Cinemas


Up.

Until a year or two ago, theater trips were rare in this house. Maybe once for twice every few years. You know, it was expensive. But we did see Up, and I remember really loving it. It's just such a great movie, and tells one of the best love stories without any words. I just love that.


What Disney Item do you Collect the Most

Disney princess dolls. My collection isn't nearly as large as my sisters, but it's the Disney item I have the most of.

I have Merida, Mulan, Ariel, Bell, Anna, and Elsa.




What is Your Favorite Disney Song

I can't go with one, so I'll list a few. Like a top three or something.


A naoidhean bhig, cluinn mo ghuth...

I wanna say basically all the music from Brave, but Noble Maiden Fair is by far my favorite. I think it's a little piece of why I wanted to start learning Gaelic. I'm happy to say I can sing this song (due to mimicking the singers, so it may not be all that accurate...) and when I read through the Gaelic lyrics, the words aren't as big a mystery and confusion as they once were.


No escape from the storm inside of me... you're not safe here...

I know what you're thinking. Frozen. The over hyped movie. Yes, I agree.

But I love this reprise because of the emotion in the song. I really connect with Elsa's feeling of being trapped with no escape. It's how I've felt about my Misophonia in the past. Exchange her ice powers for Misophonia and that's basically me. Especially the whole conceal, don't feel bit. That's why I feel really connected to Elsa in a way.

But I agree. Frozen is overpraised. Even through it all, I still do love it.



Who doesn't love this bit?

Gotta love a good villain song, and the way Mother Gothel manipulates Rapunzel... She's seriously one of my favorite Disney villains, and she's got some of the best songs. Plus she's got a pretty nice voice too.


Which Disney Voice Actor Would You Most Like to Meet


Idina Menzel. 

One: because I really connect with Elsa and love her character

Two: she played Elphaba in Wicked. N'uff said there


Favorite Disney Movie That is Not a Classic


(Super random clip, I know. But I just love this part, so deal with it)

I'm gonna go with Brave. Though I have a strong feeling that Inside Out will make it's way to my favorite Disney movie when it comes out. We'll see though.


Flounder, Sebastian, or Scuttle


Seriously, Sebastian is awesome. He's a singing crab.


Saddest Moment in a Disney Movie




Couldn't choose one. Chose three.


Which Disney Princess Has the Best Sidekicks





It was between these two.

I mean, come on, Mushu is hilarious. First he just helps Mulan to prove himself worthy and all, but then he just helps her because he likes her.

But Pascal is the best friend everyone's dreamed of. Compact and cute, yet smart and packs a punch (in a way).


Bonus question: Of the Lesser Known Disney Movies, What One Would You Recommend

Emperors New Groove. Seriously, go watch it. It's hilarious. I hear the sequel is pretty good too, though I've yet to watch it.


Alright now, time to tag some people for this thing:

Anyone who loves Disney

In other words, everyone else was taken by other people tagging them. So lemme know in the comments if you do this tag.

1 comment:

  1. Great answers. I always forget about Lilo and Stitch as a Disney movie.

    The Emperors New Groove is SO funny. "He even does his own theme music. Pathetic."

    ReplyDelete