Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

New Music

Oh glorious Tuesday. It feels weird not having a place to go. Weird, but kinda nice. I've been super exhausted these last few days, so it'll be good to regenerate my energy before Thursday and Friday. I'm going to the stable, and then the next day we're having friends over. Yay!

I bought another book from Amazon. The library wouldn't get it, so I decided to buy it. It's Olga Romanov's full 1913 dairy. I chose super slow shipping to get a one dollar credit so I could buy a song. Then I bought a few songs that I keep listening to repeatedly on YouTube, instead of just one. I got Nightwalker by Peter Roe, Epic Disney Medley by Peter Hollens, Africa by Marcus Warner, Into the West from Return of the King, Hymn of the Apocalypse by Jo Blankenburg, Starvation, and Compass, both by Thomas Bergersen/Two Steps From Hell. I actually accidentally bought an epic non vocal version on Compass. I sorta freaked at first, but no big deal now. I still want the lyric version.

Ever since playing on a friends piano, I've really felt the need to play piano again. I've been slacking on school this last month, so I haven't really played piano in a while. Playing a proper piano only makes me want a full length piano with weighted keys even more. Though now I'm thinking I want not only a sustain pedal, but the two others as well. I want to become more of a real pianist.

On Saturday I got Sea of Darkness! I didn't get to play until Sunday, and so far I haven't finished yet (I sorta finished The Silent Spy the day I got it, after playing for hours on end). So far I love it. I'll be honest, Her Interactive is sorta dying, hence the loss of Lani Manilla as Nancy's voice, the new CEO, etc. So of course they decided to go a "new direction" with the games. If Sea of Darkness is any indication of the next game, and games to come, we're in for a treat. I just hope the new voice for Nancy is good. By the time I've finished this game, I may even know a few words in Icelandic. It's part of a mini game within the game. Though it doesn't tell you how to pronounce the words.

My room is almost clean. It's getting better, but I still don't feel good enough to work on projects. It's weird, when my rooms a mess my life is a mess. I could sit at my computer, working on a story that is purely on the computer, yet with the room behind me a mess, it just wouldn't feel right. I would feel disorganized and disoriented. Same with anything else I so. So I really want to get my room clean, so I can get my life back on track. Unfortunately, that could take a small while due to minor setbacks. Ahh life, ya darn thing. Gotta love it though.

Yesterday's lesson (at the stable) went really well. I rode Lacey, and Anna, Mary, Rochelle, and I agree, that she really seems to fit me. I've readjusted to her walking, which feels like she's about to trot any second. But the lesson went really great. Mary and I rode together, and we worked out in the big arena. Rochelle had us ride in different formations, making sure we could stay straight and keep our horses from cutting corners (it's harder than you might think). While riding, Rochelle commented that Lacey and I should do some showing together. Yes, yes, yes!! Only two months of riding, and she thinks I'm good enough to possible start showing. Of course it'd be really basic stuff, like Walk, Trot. Which is quite fine by me. That comment just really made my week though. Makes the sore legs, arms, back, and shoulders all the more worthwhile. Working with horses is really a full body workout.

1 comment:

  1. I NEED to find those Nancy Drew games. I looked at the library and I couldn't find any. Why does the universe hate me?!

    That's so exciting! I'm sure that you're going to one day be competing with the best of them. :)

    ReplyDelete