Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Slacking

Yesterday was our annual Star Wars May the Fourth party. We invited our friends the Pleticha's, Allmans, and Yackel's. It was so much fun! Some people dressed up, others didn't. I didn't dress up, because I'm broke, and I don't really sew, and dressing up isn't a huge hobby of mine. Anyway, we all hung out, mostly around the food. We played capture the flag in the dark. It was a fun game, and the end was really close. Then we star gazed. Finally, after a year or two since I first heard of it, I tried Star Tipping. It was so darn fun! The weird thing is it only worked on some of us though. Then we started doing weird things, like where someone holds your legs up while you lay on your back, then after a while slowly lowers them down and if feels like they're falling through the ground. You know, things like that. It was all awesome. Oh yeah, and for Potterheads yesterday was the anniversary for the fictitious Battle of Hogwarts. May 2nd, 1998. In case you're wondering, we celebrated on the second purely because the fourth wasn't on the weekend.

The room remodel is going really well. All the hard work is done, and now we just have some touch up stuff to do and then of course moving all the furniture and stuff back in. I got my nightstand and desk back in the other day, which is good cause Tommy's just been floating around the living room the past week. I really love my new room, though I still reach were the light switch used to be, and my first instinct is to go into the office because it was my room only a week ago. I've also started getting all my books on my new bookshelf, which is much smaller than the last one, but will work.

I've been doing some brainstorming for Believe, my story about ghosts if you remember. I never edited it from NaNo, but I'm working on plotting out a new draft. Right now I've been creating characters, and playing with different people for who should be in the book. I'm a fan of lots of characters, though I have to keep it toned down so I don't over do it. Hopefully I'll be able to pull it off.

I've totally been slacking on Gaelic practice. I'm up to a thirty three day streak on Duolingo for French, but Gaelic requires more time, since I'm writing everything down in a notebook. My search for online flashcards has been tough, but I may have found something that will barely work. I must find a good way to practice Gaelic, because someday I will be fluent.

Oh my gosh, how could I have forgotten?! I saw Phantom of the Opera! It. Was. Amazing! Oh the sets were incredible, and the overture and rising of the chandelier... it gave me chills. The singing was amazing, and the effects were so cool. I loved it when the chandelier fell, and the gunshots... through the fire after Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again was one of my favorites. They added a little scuffle with Erik (the Phantom) and Roul at the graveyard, and it was really awesome. Better than the little stand off thing from the 25th, and better than the totally weird and out of place sword fight in the 2004 movie. The set for Masquerade was soooo dang cool, and the whole bit of first going down to the Phantom's lair! Oh, it was so amazing! I want to see it again so badly. We even met the cast, and got them to sign our playbills. So that's another for the collection! I can't wait to see Wicked next...

1 comment:

  1. That party was a blast.

    It's good to know that I'm not alone in my slacking of Gaelic. I need to start it up again, but unlike you, I don't have a reasonable excuse. :)

    ReplyDelete