Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Imagine Dragons

I cannot believe the year is half over already. How did this happen? Time goes by so fast sometimes.

In about an hour I leave for the stable. I'm hoping today's lesson will be like Monday. There was a little confusion with the horses, so instead of riding Lacey I rode Zoe. She's done a lot of Western riding, so getting her to really trot usually requires a crop, and even then her trot is hardly bouncy. I was really excited when Rochelle got a semi martingale, cause Zoe loves to throw her head around while cantering. So yeah, I got to do some canter work. This time Rochelle had me hold the front and back of the saddle, and work on keeping in contact with the seat of the saddle. Near the end I was really starting to get into a groove, though it'll be a while before I'm cantering hands free. It's just really exciting making progress though.

For a really long time now we've wanted to rearrange our chicken run. Currently we have a coop that we built, with a small nesting box and a little run. But with four large chickens the space seemed a little... small. Our solution was to get some poles and chicken wire, and we made a little rectangular run. It worked for a while, until the chickens started jumping all over the coop and flying out, then digging out, and digging out some more. Only recently did we finally get them all to stay in there. But yesterday I was feeling restless. It was a casual day, and my body was aching from sitting too much. So I went out and dismantled the extra run, moved the chicken coop (which has never been done by one person before), and then started construction on two larger runs. My plan is to swap the hens between the two runs each week or two so I can let stuff grow in one for them to eat. At one point we were getting this grain that would sprout and grow a few inches in about a week. It was crazy. I'm hoping to get more of that to grow this grain grass in the locked off run.

This Saturday some people we know through Historic Flight are having a party. I forget the exact reason, but hey, a party is a party. The best part is this Saturday it's going to get extremely hot, and it's a pool party. My motto is, if there's a pool then I'm in. I seriously love swimming.

So I've been listening to more music by Imagine Dragons. They have an interesting style, and while some of their songs are a little... weird, there are a few that are really good. The ones I've heard aren't the typical break up songs, and quite a few have fueled inspiration for some stories. Like the song Warriors (which I'm now in love with) has fueled inspiration for another point of view for Rocha Island. So far it's looking like I need to work three totally different and seemingly unrelated point of views in the story. The way it's planning out it more like a large piece of history than a book, which is... interesting.

Now I need to get ready to leave for the stable. ASAP.

Well, I'm back from the stable. While there I, with some help from Anna and Mary at times, cleaned out Zoe and Portia's stalls, clipped Gigi and Bella, rode Zoe, and then dumped hay. It doesn't sound like much, but times goes by pretty fast when you're working. My ride today was okay, but near the end of my ride Zoe started throwing her head around. Even slapping her with the crop almost constantly didn't make her stop. Oh, and Gigi dumped her rider. I didn't see it happen, but Sabrina (who must be around nine, I'm terrible at guessing though) was cantering her and from what I heard she broke into a gallop or something drastic. Luckily Sabrina wasn't hurt other than maybe a bruise or two. Mostly she was shaken up, which is completely understandable. I've never fallen off a horse, so I have no idea what it's like.

I'm listening to Warrior's now. Okay, that's it. There are a few characters in Rocha Island that I need to scrap, and a few that need to be created. This story is getting more complicated by the minute. Gosh, writing is fun.

1 comment:

  1. I know! Pool parties are the best.

    I always forget about Imagine Dragons. I like most of their songs, but they always seem to slip under the table. I'll have to start listening to them again. Especially Warrior. ;)

    ReplyDelete