Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

"They Took Out the Police Station"

The power just returned only a few minutes ago, and here I'll quickly outline what went down.

I was in the living room having a chat with my mum (not usually what I call her, but whatever). Daniel was just booting up Lego Star Wars for the Wii, when the power flickered and went out. A few seconds later there was a loud bang, which to me only sounded like metal on metal as the roof of a building fell or something. I have no idea what it actually was.

Of course this made everyone come out into the living room. Because my grandpa was obsessed with flashlights we all had one on our person quite quickly. My dad decided to go check out the neighborhoods and stuff to see the damage. See, our police scanner was picking up almost nothing. It was a little unnerving. After he dressed, he and Mamma with Daniel headed out. This left Sereina, Tiana, and I home alone.

In the event that this was widespread, and it was late and we were home alone, I armed myself in the unlikely event of an emergency. I never want to have to use a gun on someone, but it's sure as heck more comforting knowing I can defend myself in the unlikely event that I have to. Luckily, in this case, everything is fine.

With just the three of us home, craziness ensued. We lit candles in the kitchen, so it was kind of like our main central. Sereina videoed a little, and everyone kept scaring each other by acting creepy. Tiana kept singing the Haunted Mansion theme, which did nothing to help. After a while of sitting around, we (or at least I) was half scared out of my skin when Tiana's phone rang. Her ring tone is The Phantom of the Opera, so you can imagine hearing that out of the blue when the power is out, and you're slightly on edge. After we just laughed it off.

Tiana was very dramatic the entire time, explaining how it was a "stormy night" and all that craziness. She ended it all with something like, "We think they took out the police station." Yes, we're such serious people. Then she procedded to "freak out" by saying she was "soooooo thirsy" and she was gonna dye. Of course we videoed that. She was like. "There's no water! What am I going to do! Ohhhh, the fish tank." I then proceeded to turn on the kitchen faucet, which worked totally fine.

After that we just started going through old videos on our phones. They're all nuts.

Just as the trio came back, the power came back on. Like, right as they knocked on the door. Kinda funny. Glad to know there was no emergency after all. But it was unnerving, what with the strange loud noise. Usually power outs here barely last, and it happens during a thunderstorm. This time was completely unexpected.

Needless to say, I'm now headed off to bed. I'm thinking I'll read some Harry Potter; I'm rereading the series, and for those are wondering, I'm only on book one. Gah, I love this series...

2 comments:

  1. That sounds fun. Well, not fun during the fact, but looking back that seems like it would have been fun. :)

    ReplyDelete