Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Then There's Norwegian

I've like half forgotten about Camp NaNo. Since I'm so far ahead, there's no pressing need to write everyday. To be honest, I'm at a point that I feel like taking a little break from writing. But can I? Technically yes. I could not write until the fifteenth and still be at par. I would do that, except that I'm already a few thousand words behind my fellow cabin mate, and I can't completely loose. I at least have to try. Besides, I need to get back in the writing mood so then when April is over, I can get back to Heart of Fire with a new force so I can get that first draft done!

So remember how I mentioned during my last post that I suddenly became obsessed with the song Compass? Well, now like I've done with some French and Gaelic songs, I've created a pronunciation chart. I have only to memorize it so I can officially sing at least one song in French, Gaelic, and Norwegian by memory. Oh, yeah. In case I forgot to mention, I've memorised Let it Go and the Healing Incantation in French. That's always exciting! I may attempt to learn Norwegian after I'm more confident or fluent in Gaelic or French.

The other day was another super secret meeting, which I still cannot fully discuss. Let's just say it was really fun.

Our new doorway to my soon to be bedroom is nearing completion. The door itself won't arrive until much closer to when we actually start swapping rooms. Gah, I'm so excited. It's gonna be amazing! The lightswitch used to be outside the room, but we moved it. It's hard adjusting, because I still reach to where it's been my entire life, but it's not there! Gah, that'll take some time to get used to...

Life at the stables has been great. Though apparently I'm not very good at cinching up. See, twice I've been riding and the saddle started to slip off. This happened on Lacey, whose energetic but sweet, and Luna, who's green and completely unruly. By green, I mean she's only about six months along in her training. But other than that it's so fun! I got to ride Riki bareback for a few minutes. Rochelle was just like, "Alina, go jump on Riki." So I just rolled with it. Then when I was done, I got to dismount by sliding off her hindquarters. It was awesome. Life at All Starr is spontaneous that way. I love it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to be taking a small break as well.

    That's awesome that things are going well with All Starr stables. It's very rare that someone finds a good place that'll let you help out, let alone with nice people.

    ReplyDelete