Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Bittersweet

Ta-da! Like I said I might, I've redone the design on my blog. I spent a bit of time on this, which was really fun. I created everything myself, using the highly sophisticated program, Paint. Yeah, not that great of a program. But I'd say what I did was pretty impressive considering how skilled I am, and how unprofessional Paint is. Blog design is something I've realised I really enjoy. Playing around with different settings is just fun. That's why I created a hidden test blog, so I can try all my designs before using them on my blog. At first they were... hardly professional, but I've gotten better over time.

Today is the beginning of something both wonderful, and extremely tiring. So it's bittersweet I guess. Everything is being moved out of my room, and as of now all the legos are all out. Daniel's desk is gone, and soon my desk will be too. Luckily our bed will stay in the soon to be office, so that Daniel and I don't have to sleep on the living room floor for two weeks. With our room being as empty as it is, it's reminding me of when Daniel and I first moved into that room some odd years ago. It was awesome. Though as exciting as getting a bigger room is, I'm not excited to be so disorganized and out of place for so long. Oh well.

I've been doing some touch up paint in the big rooms closet. If all goes as planned, we'll have the closet finished and moved into today. It'll be nice having a closet actually in my room, instead of outside the door. We bought the shelving and put it together, and already the closet is looking great. There's still so much work to do. Ah, where has the day gone?

The other day I officially named Tommy's charger Merlin, so that if I'm ever getting both my computer and charger, then I can just say I'm getting Tommy Merlin. I also decided to name my phone Soraya. I got the name from the Heartland book series. She's a smaller character, but I really like her (she reminds me of an old friend for some reason, and the main character Amy, of myself...). Heartland is one of the few horse book series that isn't all out cliche. Sure, it's got it's moments, but all books do. As for the tv adaption... well... (sorry Lauryn) it's terrible. I mean that in the best of ways. Maybe I could handle it, if Ty wasn't on parole. But I have this set way of the series in my head, and the set they chose doesn't match in the slightest. Plus the characters are all messed up looks wise.

*Hours pass because I'm too busy to edit and post, and I keep writing anyways*

The closet is FINISHED-ish! It's hard to say that anything's finished since the whole room is a working progress. I would talk more, but it's getting late and I really should get to bed. So beannachd leibh for now I suppose.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you post pictures of your room move in and makeover! Yah, I'm sorry but I'm not a Heartland fan... I watched a couple of episodes with the girls and I couldn't believe how much immature drama was going on.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the redesign on your blog! It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you post pictures too! :)
    I don't like Heartland, it's just entertaining when there is nothing else to watch, and I'm glad it's not a typical cheesy horse movie. :)

    ReplyDelete