Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

More Than I Thought

Because I'm generally broke these days, I cannot buy much of the music I listen to. So I use YouTube to listen to a lot of it, and I have multiple playlists of music I've found. Though mostly I just have the playlist Inspiration (link included if you wanna check out my favorite songs). Like the weirdo I am, I kept skipping over half of the songs for no reason. I listened to a few, and all I can think is "what on earth possessed me to skip these?" They're amazing! Specifically Nightwalker, and Icarus.

I'm going to wait a little longer before I reveal to everyone the false question from the Just-a-list-of-random-questions-tag. I'm hoping more people will comment, but if not I'll reveal in a day or two. I bet you're curious to see if you got it right, eh?

I smell like horse. That's right, today was a stable day, which was great. I rode the new mare, Honey Bee. She is an old lady in training. All she needs is a bit of refinement. But riding her was great. Rochelle showed me some groundwork before I mounted, then she showed me a few things to practice on her. Then I was left alone to walk, trot, or canter as I pleased. Heck yeah, I got to canter! Course, I was half terrified since I'd almost fallen off the first time. This was only my second time too. But Honey Bee's canter was so smooth compared to Molly! It was just like a really fast trot. But it was so exciting! Then later I watched Zoe (who is a mare by the way, not a person) freak out. Her tack wasn't quite right, so she spooked. She basically frantically backed up while lowering her hindquarters. The girl riding her just slid off, and Rochelle worked her for a few minutes before the girl got back on. That's the rule in riding. Unless you are critically injured, if you fall off you get back on. Right away too, otherwise you'll get scarred the longer you wait. One of my old riding teachers, who really wasn't a very good teacher at all, said she broke her back while riding, but still got back on immediately after to show the horse who was boss. That seems... far fetched. Crazy, and a little extreme.

Recently I've been coming to learn that more people than I thought read my blog. Woo hoo!

Oh sweet goodness, yasss. I started writing more on Heart of Fire, and after going from Rocha Island (which has not been plotted out) to an almost fully plotted out novel is bliss. Going back to those characters. Ahh, I love them. I can't wait till editing. As I write, I figure out so much more about the characters and little events. If you were to read my current first draft so far, you'd be so confused. It's such a mess, and I'll probably have to rewrite a lot. But I'll have such a detailed guideline from the first draft, it won't be quite like writing it for the first time.

Less than a year ago I watched and read Harry Potter for the first time. How is it that I get super nostalgic and happy when listening to it's soundtrack? If someone were to ask my favorite book series, it's Harry Potter hands down. I started going through it again, this time to study J.K. Rowlings writing. The way she melded serious and silly is great. I usually don't go for cheesy dopy characters, like the dumb strong ones (trolls for instance) or weak weird characters (house elves for instance). But she found that perfect in between. Even the names. I mean, Pansy Parkinson? Neville Longbottom? Usually I'd be like, "...really?" But it just... fits! I love it so much. To everyone out there, I love the movies and book equally, and nothing you say or do can change that. I mean, you cannot get every detail into a movie, and considering what they had to work with, the movies are incredible!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You got to canter! Once you canter, you never want to go back to trotting. :D
    Wow, she broke her back and got back on? I mean, I understand getting back on and showing the horse who is boss, because I've had mishaps happen before and I've had to get back on, but never with a broken a back!

    ReplyDelete