Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Compass

Today has been a music filled day for me. I believe I've found a new favorite composer. I'm listening to one of his songs, Starvation. With all the vocals and instruments, I'm just completely immersed in the world this music came from. Like a dramatic story is forming before my eyes as I listen. The music is truly inspirational. Between the picture the video had, and the music, I can imagine a kind of ancient Rome type feel, though not exactly like that. I really can't explain. But it makes me want to write a historical fiction/historical fantasy set in ancient Rome.

I spent way too long looking over the internet for an online flashcards. I'm trying to come up with fun ways to practice my Gaelic, and a type of online flashcards would be great. Thing is, finding a good program in near impossible, and it's not exactly what I want even when I sorta do. Truly I want a Duolingo for Scottish Gaelic. But since that's not happening any time soon, I'm trying to find more sites and come up with ideas to practice what I know. Practicing French is so much easier, that I don't want to get caught up in that and forget to keep learning Gaelic. There must be a way...

No matter how fast or hard I write, I still cannot get ahead of one of my Camp NaNo cabin mates. *cough cough* Evangeline.

Yesterday I had a great riding lesson. I rode Lacey, and for those of you who remember, she had the largest trot I've ever ridden. But I was actually able to sit it most of the time. Sometimes I held onto the saddle lightly, other times I kept my hands hovering over her mane to keep me steady. Before going to All Starr I was used to horses like Aang, or Savanah, from my old stable. Savannah had by far the smallest trot ever. I didn't barely lift myself from the saddle. Lacey just sorta throws you completely out and you have to land back in the saddle. But it was great! I may or may not have almost fallen off a few times though. See, Lacy is kinda fat (not in a bad way. She's just large) and then she puffs her stomach when tacking up. So while trotting I started slipping, and soon enough the saddle was more on her side than back. Ahhh, what a great day... I can't wait until my next lesson. I can feel myself becoming more comfortable and better at riding bit by bit, and it's exhilarating. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. While riding Lacey was really skittish and full of energy, and at one point she broke into a canter. Somehow I stayed on with barely holding on. When I cantered on Molly I almost fell off, and I was prepared for that. Somehow I stayed put on Lacey. I have heard her canter is really smooth though. I can't wait until I'm a good enough rider to canter alone... and to start jumping. I could talk about this all day. It's my dream coming true.

I've been reading the Percy Jackson series like an insane wildfire. Right now I'm on book four, which is amazing. I've grown attached to the characters a lot, though I do sorta which the book followed Annabeth. Mostly cause girl characters feel a little more relatable to me. I think it would be awesome if there was another series about half-bloods and all, but it followed a son of Hades. I'd be interested to read that. I actually like how in this series, Poseidon and Zeus broke their pact, and of all people Hades didn't. Like, he's not nearly as evil as he's usually portrayed, and I like that. Just cause he's god of the Underworld doesn't mean he has to be evil. Ohhh... I hope Persephone comes into the series at one point. Because of Nancy Drew, Labyrinth of Lies, I've become rather interested in her story...

Okay, I've gotta say. Thomas Bergersen's music is pretty amazing. The style of his music is very thick and full of history. It doesn't feel like a song so much as a story. I would highly recommend his music based on what I've heard of his work so far. It's quite stunning. He's definitely not afraid of using vocals, and they're done to his advantage. I could rant about it for a while, but that'd get boring. It's so amazing and full though! Whoa... I just got to the song Compass... definately a new absolute favorite song. Good gracious, I'm in love with it!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I've always thought that Annabeth should have gotten a POV. In the sequel series I think she does, sort of.

    Hmm, I will definitely have to look up this Bergersen fellow.

    ReplyDelete