Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

*Many Hours Later*

I'm thinking about doing a blog design overhaul. I'm the kind of person that really likes change, and sometimes just can't have something the same for too long. Problem is, I also came up with a blog name that I like better than my current name, but I shouldn't go around changing the name all the time. It confuses people. Then again, not a lot of people read my blog, so it wouldn't be like I'd lose thousands of followers. I don't even have ten followers, and those I do have would figure it out pretty quick (especially since I'm telling you I might right now). Fair warning if I do, I'll probably temporarily make my blog private, until all the renovations are done. So if you come back, and you can't access it, no worries. It's just under construction.

Right now I'm listening to Thomas Bergersen's music right now. There's a compilation video by Epic Music VN, and it's amazing. It's an hour of his music, and it's how I discovered him. The picture they show during the song Cassandra is what I imagine the wood Nymphs from Percy Jackson to look like.

Today's Monday, which means I go the stable. I leave in a half an hour. Even though I've been going for almost a month now, it still hasn't lost it's excitement. I rather doubt it ever will. Every time I've ever gotten to be around horses, the entire way there I get jittery with excitement. My stomach gets that annoying excited feeling, like you're gonna be sick in a way. I still can't believe I get to trade work for lessons, and ride twice a week. It's way more than I could have ever hoped for. I look back to the last five years, and just think how different my life would be, if I'd been riding all the time. I'd definately be quite skilled, and I do think I'd still love it as much as I do now. But in an odd sense, I'm glad I had to wait so long. My appreciation for this is so much stronger than if I'd gotten what I'd wanted right away. Looking back, I still can't decided... if I had the choice, would I have waited all over again? It's so hard, and such an interesting question.

As I write Rocha for Camp NaNo, I'm also coming to realise where this plot will be going in the rewrite/edits. Though it'll probably mostly be rewrites. The more I listen to music as I write, the more I connect with my main characters emotions. Poor gal's world is being torn apart. Then again, that's generally the gist of all my books, and most movies and television shows ever. Speaking of television, part one of Flarrow is tomorrow. Oh, and Arrow only has five episodes left until the seasons over. Then we'll have to wait the entire Summer until Fall (or as I call it, the Season of Fandoms) for them to return. Gosh, Arrow is one of the best shows ever...

*Many hours later*

I'm back from the stable now! I rode Luna again, but this time she was much better. It was one of my best lessons. Rochelle, my instructor and the owner of All Starr, gave me some pointers about my form. Now I just have to keep in mind heels down, elbows in, post smaller, fists up, etc. all while balancing myself upon a trotting horse. It may sound hard, but trust me, it's harder. But it was a great lesson! I can't wait to go back Thursday and ride more. Rochelle's going to lease a new horse, and I really want to ride him. He's a grey (in the horse world, grey means his coat looks white) Quarter Horse (at least, I believe that was the breed). But mostly I want to ride him, because his name is Gandalf. He's Gandalf the Grey/White; literally. Isn't that awesome?

Oh dear. I just had a new story inspiration. Gah, gotta keep myself from writing it now...

I'm obsessed with May it Be. I actually hadn't heard the original version since I first watched the movie, since I only own the Peter Hollens version. I realised that Enya did it, and their song Only Time it like time traveling back to my childhood. It was a small part of it, but for some reason it bring me back to when the office was the playroom. We still had our old desk and huge computer screens. It just makes me... happy. But sad too. I miss being little and carefree. I love life now, but when I was little life was so much more simple... and in so many ways too...

2 comments:

  1. Cool stuff. I love new website changes every so often. I LOVE Enya! Her music is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! My brother introduced me to Enya a couple years back and I have listened to her ever since. Good taste in music. ;)

      Delete