Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Calm Before the Storm

Right now the house is very quite. It's like the calm before the storm in a way, because my life is about to get crazy. The desk needed for the new office will arrive in pieces this Sunday, and the rest will be built here. Since the office needs to stay functional at all times, Daniel and I will be the ones completely out of place for a bit. We're going to be completely clearing out our room and storing it in the garage, and once the desk is installed and the office completely moved, we'll start on our room! I don't know if we'll get to put in wood floors or not yet, due to costs. But we're at least planning on painting the walls. We can't decided between green, or blue. Everyone says green so far. It's awesome, because we're going to do some wainscoting on the lower half of the wall. I can't tell you how much I've wanted a room like that. It's going to be amazing.

On a completely different note, tomorrow will mark the one week point until I see Phantom of the Opera at the Paramount! I'm so excited, I cannot tell you how exciting this is! Unfortunately I'm rather broke at the moment, so my souvenirs will be small. Do I get a shirt, or a program? Ah, decisions. I can't wait though! We're going with some friends, and we're sitting on the ground floor. Much closer than when Tiana and I saw R&H Cinderella.

I've been writing Heart of Fire again, and it feels so great. I haven't written today yet, but my word count is currently at 26,222 words. Yay! It's going to need so much editing and rewriting, but I'm getting a better feel for the story. As I'm rereading Harry Potter, I realise I'm terrible at coming up with a pre-story. It took seven chapters for Harry to get to Hogwarts. I just hit chapter seven in my book, and my character is already in the thick of the story. So I realise I need to come up with events to reveal stuff about the characters backstory a little, as well as give a solid setting for the book. Easier said than done though.

In a half an hour I go to All Starr, and even though I've been going for... a month? Two? Eh, somewhere around there, I'm still super excited. I get all jittery, like, "I get to ride horses!" I'm curious to see who Rochelle has me ride today. Honey Bee was really great last time. Her canter is so smooth! I'm still stoked that I got to canter alone. Sure, I've got a long way until I'm good enough to compete or anything like that, but at all my old stables, I never felt like I progressed so quickly. True, I was five years younger. But I just love the freedom at All Starr. That's my goal for when I start a stable someday. To have everything feel relaxed and just give a good atmosphere.

Yes, have I mentioned to you? My life goal is to start a stable. It's funny, most people would probably grow up and buy a horse or two for themselves. Or, probably I guess. It's barely occurred to me that I should just have one or two horses on private property. Just for me. I've always just wanted to create a great riding stable. The place I dreamed I could go as a child. Maybe it's because I love barns. I could look through photos of different barns all day. There are some incredible ones out there, and someday I want to have a large one. Barns are one of the best places in the world. Especially the hayloft. They're simply heavenly, especially when it's raining.

The other day I read through a few old posts, and despite the fact that I reread everything to check for errors, I still found a few in some of the posts. How frustrating! But hey, I'm only human.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I need a better couple first chapters. I always rush into the story. It's hard to slow down and establish the regular life.

    ReplyDelete