Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

The Book Shelf Tag

So I was reading the blog of a friend of mine, and she did the bookshelf tag from another blog, which you can visit here. Since I love reading, I sorta totally wanted to do this, so here's the tag. Also, you can learn a lot about a person from the books they read. I would post pictures, but I'm super tired/lazy.

The Bookshelf Tag~

Describe your bookshelf (or wherever it is you keep your books- it doesn't have to be a shelf!) and where you got it from:

Well, I've had my bookshelf for as long as I can remember. It was just a shelf we had in the house, and eventually it became mine and my brothers.


Do you have any special or different ways of organizing your books?

Sorta. I like to keep them tallest to shortest. But somehow I organized my Harry Potter books backwards. I'm so used to them that way, that I don't have the heart to make them go the other way. So they remain backwards to this day. I don't intent on changing that either.


What's the thickest (most amount of pages) book on your shelf??

Either Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, or The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Other Stories. I'm not sure which.


What's the thinnest (least amount of pages) book on your shelf?

Probably Black Star, Bright Dawn.


Is there a book you received as a birthday gift for Christmas gift?

Yaaassss... Sereina got me The Diary of Olga Romanov for Christmas last year, and it's seriously one of the best books in the history of ever.


What's the smallest (height and width wise) book on your shelf?

Again, Black Star, Bright Dawn.


Most expensive book?

To be honest I have no idea, though I'd guess my New Encyclopedia of the Horse.


The last book you read on your shelf?

Mary, Queen of Scots. I'm sort of obsessed with the Royal Diaries series, since it's what got me so interested in history. I'm constantly re-reading those books.


Of all the books on your shelf, which was the first you read?

Um... probably the book Annie Oakley I guess.


Do you have more than one copy of a book?

I used to have two Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban books, but then I gave the extra away.


Do you have the complete series of any books series?

Sadly... no... Unless you count The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Other Stories. It's just one book, but it has all the Sherlock Holmes stories in it. So I suppose I do in a way, but that hardly seems like it should count...


What's the newest addition to your bookshelf?

I think that would have to be Elisabeth, the Princess Bride but I could be wrong. I recently bought a whole bunch of Royal Diary books that I got constantly from the library.


What book has been on your shelf FOREVER?

I can't pin it down exactly, but probably like The Wild Mustang or maybe Mustang, Wild Spirit of the West. Can you tell I like horses?


What's the most recently published book on your shelf?

Well that's tough. I'm not usually into newer books, so my most recently published one would have to be... Okay, sorry. I have no idea.


The oldest book on your shelf (as in, the actual copy is old)?

Ha! This one I can answer! At Goodwill I bought this book published in the early 1900's or something called Steeldust, the Story of a Horse. It's a very interesting book that's borderline boring. But still interesting if you like hard core cowboy stories.


A book you won?

I have never won a book before. And if I did, it'd probably be a book I wouldn't like anyway.


A book you'd hate to let out of your sight (aka a book you never let someone borrow)?

That's basically all my books. But seriously, I would probably never let anyone borrow The Misadventures of Maude March. It's one of my all time favorites.


Most beat up book?

All my books are actually in really good condition because I can't stand to let my books get beat up. But because I got it second hand, I'd say Steeldust is probably my most beat up. After all, it's approximately one hundred years old, give or take a few decades.


Most pristine book?

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Other Stories.


A book from your childhood?

Mustang, Wild Spirit of the West


A book that's not actually your book?

Technically my copy of Elisabeth, Red Rose of the House of Tudor isn't mine. It was on the everybody shelf in the house. But since I love that one so much I just sorta... took it... no one's really noticed...


A book with a special/different cover (e.g. leather bound, soft fuzzy cover, etc.)?

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Other Stories is a leather bound book. Steeldust's cover is an odd one, since it's old. Otherwise they're all basic books. Though I do have an extremely uncommon edition of Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone.


Book that's been on your shelf the longest that you STILL haven't read?

The Upstairs Room.


A book that is your favorite color?

My version of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is a pretty dark blue color, and I really love that shade of blue.


Any signed books?

I wish, but no. I'd love for The Misadventures of Maude March to be signed, and basically all my other books as well.

This was a really fun tag! A few of the questions ended up being the same book too. Don't think that doesn't mean I don't have many books! I mean, I don't really have that many books. But I have a fair amount.

1 comment:

  1. Well now that's TWO blogs I read who have done that tag. I might have to give it a go. ;)

    ReplyDelete