Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2015

I Actually Won Something

Yesterday was Sereina's 21st birthday! This is how the day went: first she opened presents, then after a little while we went to Trader Joe's, Half-Price Books, and the Disney store. Then we got home, have dinner, watched Psych, then when it got dark, had cake. I think she made very good birthday choices. While at the Disney store I bought the Mulan doll. Surprisingly, I actually like dolls a little bit. It's best when they're from favorite Disney movies though. I've always loved miniature houses.

While at Trader Joe's we learned more about this movie thing they were doing. While at the Paramount to see R&H Cinderella we saw a movie poster. It was advertising German silent films hosted by Trader Joe's. Well, yesterday we learned they were raffling off tickets (I think you know where this is going). Tiana and Daddy entered, so I decided, heck, why not. Not like I ever win anything anyways. This morning my Mom was like, "Alina, phone!" I was really confused because nobody calls me. My first thought was that the bank was calling again. I don't really like phone calls, but obviously I had to pick up. Turns out I won two tickets to the Paramount! I'll be seeing the silent film next Monday, and because I'm a raffle winner I get VIP seating and such. I'm not sure exactly what all is included. I don't know where that seating is, but it's bound to be good. I'm so excited! Once again I'm off to the Paramount! Who'd have thought that?

I'm still sick, though I didn't feel quite as bad when I woke up this morning. I had a head cold, so most of the time everything sounds filtered; and I'm coughing like crazy. Whenever I get sick, there's always a period during it when I cough and it's the most annoying thing ever. I'm really noisy, and it's also painful because sometimes my throat hurts. Sneezing is just awkward as well.

Today was spent almost entirely at the duplex. We were packing more stuff away, and tearing up a ridiculous amount of bills and credit card information. You know, the kind of stuff you get monthly? Well, turns out grandpa kept every singe one of those. All the way back to 2003 at the earliest. But overall it was fun, and afterwards he went out for dinner. I got pizza, which was amazing.

Oh yeah, this morning we accidentally started watching the Incredibles. Sereina got a digital version or something and just put it on. Next thing I know, we're watching it. Originally I was okay with the movie. Not great, not bad. Now I find that I really like it! I'm rather excited for the second one, though it'll be a while before it comes out in theaters, let alone DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment