Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Oh Life

Okay so the BEST thing ever happened a few days ago. So as some of you may know, I've been saving for a better piano for like, forever. And my dad came back from Costco where they had a really nice one on display that was much more in my budget that the Casio PX850 that I was (and still am, but as a long term goal) saving up for. Well, my birthday came early because my dad helped me pay for it as an early gift (my birthday is early December btw). I've pretty much been playing non stop. I can't help it, the weighted keys and full length are enough to keep me going. Plus it came with a bench, and headphones so I don't have to bother everyone with the same tune a million times while a learn songs. I've named my keyboard the Dragonborn in honor of the first new song I'm learning, The Dragonborn Comes. The piano has great sound and I love it so much.

As for other things. NaNoWriMo. Yes. That. The first week is over and I don't want to write anymore. I mean, I will. I'm competitive enough that I WILL write the 50,000, no doubt. I just don't feel like writing anymore. Plus, my character is undergoing training in hand to hand fighting, weapons fighting, parkour, etc. and I honestly have no idea what I'm writing. I've never done anything like that except when we filmed a fight scene for 841 Films. So that part is weak and will require research before any other eyes besides my own read it. But I'm excited because this is probably the first manuscript that I won't completely scrap. That's exciting! I'm actually really excited to edit.

Okay I've been going crazy reading Resurrection of the Romanovs. Once I got past the beginning (it's hard to read because I know 95% of what they're talking about already so to me it's like, get on with it!) it started to get really good. It's really starting to captivate me. I seriously LOVE Romanov history. Plus I found quite a few books that I'm hoping to get for my birthday related to the Romanovs. Hint, hint family members. Hehe.

My room is a mess. Ugh. I've been too lazy to clean it. I really should, especially since I'll be busy most of Thursday, between keeping up with writing and going to the stable. Last time I went Rachelle was sick, so I rode Zoe and tried some things of my own. First off, imagining the entire weight of my body dropping into my heels really help my seat. Not to say it was perfect. I did a lot of sitting trot, and because Zoe was kinda spooky from Rachelle moving manure in the tracter (despite her being sick stuff had to get done) she didn't need the crop to keep a good trot going. It really made me realise that while I've gotten the posting trot down, I still need to develope my seat. I can't wait to ride again. I'm considering riding bareback sometime soon, to work on my seat. But if I go bareback then there's no chance of cantering. I'm not ready for that yet, considering I sometimes still hold the saddle. Oh decisions.

That's basically been my life lately though. Writing. Playing piano. Procrastinating from writing. Eating. Lots of eating. I made mashed potatoes and I can't stop eating them. Mashed potatoes are my weakness I love them so much.

Ah yes, and I've been stretching this entire month so far because I'm determined to be able to do the splits. Most all of my friends joined me in doing the thirty day challenge alongside NaNoWriMo. I can touch my toes when I'm warmed up, so yay! I'm not a very flexible person so that's pretty good for me. I'm still a bit away from being able to do the splits, but I'll get there. I'm very determined.

1 comment: